Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navtool.......OK

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Eric F
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that's it, I finally managed to get Apple Carplay in USB with the Navtool box. I had a problem with the electronic video card that had detached from the motherboard and, moreover, I was forced to bypass the small harness of 4 wires that comes from the passenger side to the driver side.
In fact, I still have a little problem to pass this small Harness from the passenger side to the driver side without seeing to disassemble everything at the console.

does anyone know how to do it?
Old 07-04-2020, 11:02 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,837 Likes on 2,075 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I used a coat hanger that I bent in a slight arc. I pushed it through from the driver's side to the passenger side and taped the navtool wire to the coat hanger and pulled it through.

Elmer
Old 07-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Eric F
Advanced

Thanks Elmer. Where, exactly, did you push your coat hanger ?
Old 07-04-2020, 11:07 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

I think there is a picture in the monster thread some place that shows the location. Probably 1 or 2 inches behind the radio faceplate. I'll look for the picture.

Monster thread:---> https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tallation.html

Look at post #138 https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1591941491

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 07-04-2020 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:33 PM
Eric F
Advanced

OK. I found the picture and found where it is on my Vette. I will try tomorrow or monday with à friend of mine (I think it's more easier with one people on the driver side to push and the other one people on the passenger side to see where will appear the coat hanger
And I confirm, it works with the USB socket but only that of the box. It doesn't work with the Corvette's USB plugs.

Thanks for help. Eric
Old 08-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Mitch03Z06
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Well with the help from all who contributed to all of the threads concerning the navtool installation, I finally finished the installation. I have couple of issues. First I have a 2014 Z51 3LT with Nav and M7. I purchased the following items

https://www.navtool.com/chevrolet-co...e-carplay.aspx
Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
When I start the car and activate the turn signal the camera come on, and I have a screen that lets me select the right, left, or front cameras. I can not get his screen to go away and get back to the normal view, ie radio, Nav etc. when I shut the car off I get a screen that is black with the 3 grid lines from the cameras. I had to remove the power connection to get it to go back to the normal screen.

The other issue is the front camera image is inverted, not upside down just mirrored left to right.

i have not tried the CarPlay yet. God now what will happen with that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mitch.

I tried to upload a video

Last edited by Mitch03Z06; 08-09-2020 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added a video
Old 08-09-2020, 04:41 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by Mitch03Z06
Well with the help from all who contributed to all of the threads concerning the navtool installation, I finally finished the installation. I have couple of issues. First I have a 2014 Z51 3LT with Nav and M7. I purchased the following items

https://www.navtool.com/chevrolet-co...e-carplay.aspxhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B074P45P7G..._HKemFb8NWP8TA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z07XQ4A..._wLemFbVSKS2ND

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WHV3BM
When I start the car and activate the turn signal the camera come on, and I have a screen that lets me select the right, left, or front cameras. I can not get his screen to go away and get back to the normal view, ie radio, Nav etc. when I shut the car off I get a screen that is black with the 3 grid lines from the cameras. I had to remove the power connection to get it to go back to the normal screen.

The other issue is the front camera image is inverted, not upside down just mirrored left to right.

i have not tried the CarPlay yet. God now what will happen with that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mitch.

I tried to upload a video

Does pressing the "BACK" button help?
A reversed image is a rear view camera, not a front view. Was there an option on your camera to make it a front view camera?

I have no experience on using side view cameras.

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 08-09-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Mitch03Z06
Instructor

Back button does nothing. I am in chat mode with Navtool now. Wow are they useless. When I turn the Carr off the screen is black with the grid lines from the camera.
I do get an image from the front camera it is just mirrored.

the image on the Navtool screen shows the motorcycle on the right hand side.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:40 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Well, as I said, there are front and rear cameras. A rear camera gives that view. You need a camera that is a front camera or one that can be optioned for front or rear.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Mitch03Z06
Instructor

Default Front camera

I will have to check on the cameras I ordered. Thank I won’t pester you any more tonight . Thanks for your help. I posted the video on my Facebook page. Search for Craig Mitchell.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:00 PM
eboggs_jkvl

I will have to check on the cameras I ordered. Thank I won’t pester you any more tonight . Thanks for your help. I posted the video on my Facebook page. Search for Craig Mitchell.
There's more than 50 of you!

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 08-09-2020 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Mitch03Z06
Instructor

Thanks Elmer for all of you help. After 6 hour of chat with Navtool tech. It turns out the issue with the screen was I just needed to touch the middle of the screen to get back to the main C7 screen. I sent them an video of me operating the screen, and pushing the back button. Chat person didn’t know why I was pushing the back button, ‘just touch the middle of the screen’, Gee I must have missed that in the instruction manual. Oh thats right there was none. They swore I had something connected wrong. I had to take everything apart and send them pictures, after I explain exactly how I connected it step by step. All the cameras work, I did have to cut the green lead on the front camera to get the image to display correctly.

BTW someone mentioned you ordered a second camera the gave you a top down image. Do you have a link for that? Thanks again
Old 08-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Not bad, only 5 months to install? ...Enjoy now!
Old 08-10-2020, 05:56 PM
Mitch03Z06
Instructor

Not sure what you mean
Old 08-10-2020, 06:01 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Thanks Elmer for all of you help. After 6 hour of chat with Navtool tech. It turns out the issue with the screen was I just needed to touch the middle of the screen to get back to the main C7 screen. I sent them an video of me operating the screen, and pushing the back button. Chat person didn’t know why I was pushing the back button, ‘just touch the middle of the screen’, Gee I must have missed that in the instruction manual. Oh thats right there was none. They swore I had something connected wrong. I had to take everything apart and send them pictures, after I explain exactly how I connected it step by step. All the cameras work, I did have to cut the green lead on the front camera to get the image to display correctly.

BTW someone mentioned you ordered a second camera the gave you a top down image. Do you have a link for that? Thanks again
The camera I have is an Alpine and it's more than the $19 one.

This video shows the 3 modes this camera will display: http://www.jaxvette.com/c7/IMG_0767.MOV
and this one http://www.jaxvette.com/c7/front_camera/3modes.MOV

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 08-17-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:15 AM
wjr1575
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Elmer,
I just finished installing the NavTool 3 interface and Navtool wiring harnesses and everything works great. The only concern I have is that the 1st light on my NavTool flashes green when the car is turned off. I finished the install last night but the light was still flashing this morning. It's apparently not going to turn off. Navtool says I'm crazy and tells me the NavTool turns off automatically after the car is shut down at which point NO lights should remain on. Do you know if it is ok for light to remain flashing each night?
Old 02-14-2021, 10:40 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Originally Posted by wjr1575
Hi Elmer,
I just finished installing the NavTool 3 interface and Navtool wiring harnesses and everything works great. The only concern I have is that the 1st light on my NavTool flashes green when the car is turned off. I finished the install last night but the light was still flashing this morning. It's apparently not going to turn off. Navtool says I'm crazy and tells me the NavTool turns off automatically after the car is shut down at which point NO lights should remain on. Do you know if it is ok for light to remain flashing each night?

I believe it should go to sleep when RAP is dropped.

Elmer

Quick Reply: Navtool.......OK