C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 for the track?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
It can be hard getting the large Michelin ZP tires to seat once the tires are on the rim. Some shops can't seem to get the bead to snap into place while others don't seem to have a problem. However, if you use Pirelli Slicks, Hoosiers, R888s then you should find that most any shop can do the work. I would find a locally run shop that sells a lot of tires and see if they will mount your tires. When I lived in upstate NY I had a locally owned tire distributor that was the area distributor for Cooper Tires that mounted my race tires. They didn't charge a lot and the guy doing the mounting worked on a NASCAR Modified Pit Crew and knew about mounting race tires. Each time I took a set to them I would get them back marked with the stagger sizing so I knew which tire would work best in a turn situation. Try and find that kind of knowledge at one of the big tire company stores. You can get Pirelli Slicks pretty much locally for you from GT Racing Tires http://gttrackdays.com/?doing_wp_cro...93273925781250 which is located in WI.

Bill
Great info and cool website. Thanks Bill!!

Quick Reply: C7 for the track?