C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Scorecard

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:59 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Default Scorecard

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
There will be no SLUSHBOX AUTOMATIC offered on the Z06.

It's going to have a Dual-Clutch transmission and nothing else. This is a track car, not a boulevard cruiser.
Originally Posted by 427bob
Dual Clutch Transmission. If you guess anything else, you'll be wrong!!
I think the tipoff was the Patent GM took out for one a while back...and now the interior picture pretty much confirms it.
Originally Posted by Beaz
OK, talk to you in January when they announce that a DCT will be an option on the new ZO6.
Originally Posted by Dave02C5
an A8 will not make it the "most track capable corvette of all time" it will melt down, hell even M6's overheat sometimes. ZERO RPM control with an A8. Z06's and ZR1's are purpose built for the track regardless of what you think is ACTUALLY done with them. An automatic with clutch type gearing will burn out extremely fast you'll be looking to rebuild @ 40k and It's not cheap to rebuild. They're heavy and DCT's are very expensive and never offered on another GM vehicle.. They will not make the new Z a guinea pig. Reliability, weight, cost and longevity are key.

and yes, on Monday when the only option is an M7 with revised gearing, I'll be pounding my chest and say I told you so.
Originally Posted by capevettes
GM has always felt that the Z06 is their halo track ready Corvette. They will not sacrifice any chassis rigidity by having a removable roof.
Originally Posted by skank
[Subject: Will the new Z have a removable roof?]

Not going to happen. This is a track enhanced car with the stiffest chassis possible.
You win some, you lose some.

Quick Reply: Scorecard