C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

AL Priority System installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:53 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by KeepRightPassLeft
Ron,

You can place the radar receiver behind a plastic body piece, but the piece it is behind must be flat and solid.

I have a little experiment you can do to simulate what is happening. takemyour index finger and thumb and hold then very close together, almost touching and hold them up to a light source. You will see little bands of dark and light as the light passes between your fingers. The dark is where the light is being bent and interfering with itself and canceling itself out. The light areas is where the light is not interfering with itself. This is what happens when you place the the radar receiver behind a grill. The grill bends the radar wave and can cause it cancel itself out.

Remember when you where a kid and you would shine a flash light through your hand or your fingers when closed together and you would srr the light transmit through your phone or fingers. This is similar with radar when it passes through a solid plastic (non metalic) object such as a flat bumper cover.
Thanks, that makes sense to me! You have to put some of these things in laymen's terms sometimes. The more technical stuff gets lost in translation.

I will get with WCC to correct some of these issues.

-Ron
Old 04-24-2015, 10:58 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 287 Likes on 173 Posts

No, I've never shot a laser, but my sharks have...

I'm certainly not knocking your system, sounds like a great system. I take it there are no guarantees, i.e., if I get caught while using your system the way it's supposed to be used, your company will reimburse ticket/court/lawyer fees and fines.

Also, I take it this system won't protect against timed/aircraft traps. I'm seeing more and more cops sitting on on ramps with wires going across the highway connected to small boxes on the shoulder, which you generally don't see until it's too late. Or the painted white lines spaced a certain distance apart.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:16 AM
AL Priority USA
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluestreak63
No, I've never shot a laser, but my sharks have...

I'm certainly not knocking your system, sounds like a great system. I take it there are no guarantees, i.e., if I get caught while using your system the way it's supposed to be used, your company will reimburse ticket/court/lawyer fees and fines.

Also, I take it this system won't protect against timed/aircraft traps. I'm seeing more and more cops sitting on on ramps with wires going across the highway connected to small boxes on the shoulder, which you generally don't see until it's too late. Or the painted white lines spaced a certain distance apart.
We are not a Radar or Vascar product. We are only a laser defense system and what we do we do extremely well. Take a few minutes if you want to learn about countermeasures to visit the countermeasure forums and you will see hundreds of saves posted by real individuals in their real cars with their cams recording the action as it happens.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:38 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 287 Likes on 173 Posts

Yeah, some cool videos. I like the one of the LEO standing behind the telephone pole.

At some point they will have jammer detectors and you'll have to figure out how to defeat that.

Guess it will always be a cat and mouse game...
Old 04-24-2015, 11:38 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 739 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by bluestreak63
So wait...

A LEO is in the weeds working with an instant on gun, checking vehicles in a 65 zone as they pass, 64, 66, 67, 62...all the time the gun is working fine, and then you come along, doing 90, he points are you and all of a sudden the gun can't read your speed, so he tries again and still nothing, all the while can see you visually exceeding the speed limit and your front end taking a dive and then just like magic, his gun works again and sees your doing 65.

Does that not still give him probable cause to pull you over and check to see if you're running a jamming system?
For the Leo its about generating the most revenue in the quickest amount of time with the least amount of effort. If they can't get a reading for a few seconds and then can, they will just move on to 'easier prey'. Its owners who JTG that get themselves in trouble.
Bish
Old 04-24-2015, 01:24 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Pics of my sensor install

Old 04-24-2015, 01:31 PM
AL Priority USA
7th Gear

Originally Posted by george vee
Pics of my sensor install
George,

I would space those front sensor a few inches further away from each other to give you a more full front protection and add another rear sensor if they do shoot from behind in your area.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:04 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AL Priority USA
George,

I would space those front sensor a few inches further away from each other to give you a more full front protection and add another rear sensor if they do shoot from behind in your area.
I will move them to the next slot in the grill, closer to the headlights.
Nice to see your finally on the forum.
Thanks

Old 04-24-2015, 02:11 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

George,
Post full car pics too!

I will moving my sensors around too. I don't need WCC to do that. I might be ordering another sensor for the rear. I already have a spare cord extender so all I would need is the sensor. I will just follow the other cord in to the cab, plug and play.

-Ron
Old 04-24-2015, 02:24 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

I did the same install with 2 sensors front and rear and mounted the sti-r plus so that it was unobstructed. It's the vy car shown here
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ont-grill.html

Good luck with your install. Fwiw I'd move the sti-r and make sure your sensors are square and level.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:28 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Took these pics before I installed ALP

Old 04-24-2015, 02:32 PM
AL Priority USA
7th Gear

I will move them to the next slot in the grill, closer to the headlights.
Nice to see your finally on the forum.
Thanks
I am sure my stay will be short lived here... I already got the I must be a supporting member to post as a company message. There are just too many forums out there and I already sponsor many of them but I am not here to advertise. I only came here to support members with questions that were posted.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:37 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I am sure my stay will be short lived here... I already got the I must be a supporting member to post as a company message. There are just too many forums out there and I already sponsor many of them but I am not here to advertise. I only came here to support members with questions that were posted.
I've been helping members with their questions since I posted my install last year.
I moved the sensors out to the next slot in the grill.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:43 PM
AL Priority USA
7th Gear

I've been helping members with their questions since I posted my install last year.
I moved the sensors out to the next slot in the grill.
You might also if you want them to be perfect move them slightly forward a tad. In some of the pictures you can see the transmitter side of the sensor is recessed. If you are being shot at off access from the side having them recessed would block some of the return IR.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:17 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

OK thanks
Old 04-24-2015, 05:34 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
I did the same install with 2 sensors front and rear and mounted the sti-r plus so that it was unobstructed. It's the vy car shown here
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ont-grill.html

Good luck with your install. Fwiw I'd move the sti-r and make sure your sensors are square and level.
Your Z pops in yellow. That was my 2nd color choice and it would've been a good one! Not too many yellow Vettes in SoCal!

I will square up the sensors this weekend. I see what you did with the STi-R.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2015, 05:36 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Thank You!

- A VERY satisfied customer in SoCal!

Get notified of new replies

To AL Priority System installed

Old 04-24-2015, 05:40 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

George, you REALLY need the ALP system and whatever else is out there! Your dang whip screams "Pull Me Over". The red and black gives the car an elegant yet sinister look. There is no way anyone can NOT notice your ride!

She looks good!

Thanks again for your assistance. If it wasn't for you, I would have something hanging from my rear view and cables running everywhere! LOL

-Ron
Old 04-24-2015, 06:56 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DSOMonster
George, you REALLY need the ALP system and whatever else is out there! Your dang whip screams "Pull Me Over". The red and black gives the car an elegant yet sinister look. There is no way anyone can NOT notice your ride!

She looks good!

Thanks again for your assistance. If it wasn't for you, I would have something hanging from my rear view and cables running everywhere! LOL

-Ron
My 2014 Z51 was same color and I loved it. Since I only had it for 1 year I got it again, I was having second thoughts while waiting for it, after getting it I knew I made the rite call.
Thanks for the compliment

Old 04-24-2015, 09:20 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

George, my vote goes for your chrome rims on the Z51. IMHO, chromies would look BADAZZ on your red ride. BUT....and this is a huge but, I catch alot of heat for still rocking chrome rims. I am still stuck in 1989!
The following 2 users liked this post by DSOMonster:
Olden Slowe (06-04-2017), SyberSaint (05-06-2016)

Quick Reply: AL Priority System installed