Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8; Corvette or Supecar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
Wow, calm down there there Pal. My gosh you have some issues. Why don't you go take your used 911 for a spin and stop hating on Corvettes and their owners.
I know it’s very nice.....too bad you had to scale back and sell the Vett, I am sure you miss it! Go get some ice cream in that nice ATS Cadillac. You earned it!

Last edited by Dr. ice; 07-03-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:29 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by orclubduck
Count me in...

2004 Cayenne Turbo with 235,000 miles on it!!!

2019 ZR1 Ceramic Matrix Gray

I love all my kids the same...

Jeff
Porsche Cayenne and Macan are cool SUVs and the only Porsche vehicles I would consider owning at this point. Very nice pair of vehicles you have there.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Porsche Cayenne and Macan are cool SUVs and the only Porsche vehicles I would consider owning at this point. Very nice pair of vehicles you have there.
Maybe when you sell your Lexus RX350 you can find a nice used Porsche SUV......they are nice like everything Porsche sells. Wish I lived closer so I could take you for a ride in my 911......might even let you drive it😜
Old 07-03-2019, 06:43 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
I know it’s very nice.....too bad you had to scale back and sell the Vett, I am sure you miss it! Go get some ice cream in that nice ATS Cadillac. You earned it!
Simply amazing how you concern yourself with and make derogatory comments about other members personal finances that you obviously know nothing about. Very weird indeed. Not surprising I guess coming from a blatant troll who calls Corvette owners "broke bastards".
Old 07-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Simply amazing how you concern yourself with and make derogatory comments about other members personal finances that you obviously know nothing about. Very weird indeed. Not surprising I guess coming from a blatant troll who calls Corvette owners "broke bastards".
I know it brings comfort for you to bring others into your less than favorable financial position. But again, you don’t require much.....just a bottle of Budwiser and a couple of point A to point B cars. We all know you hate Porsche’s, expensive jewelry or wine that doesn’t come with a screw cap. You are the epitome of the working class man that likes to throw mud at anyone that has more than you.......and that would be everyone. Go get yourself another Corvette and be happy.....live is too short to always be a grump.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:55 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Maybe when you sell your Lexus RX350 you can find a nice used Porsche SUV......they are nice like everything Porsche sells. Wish I lived closer so I could take you for a ride in my 911......might even let you drive it😜
Yeah then I could be just like you with a used Porsche.

Sorry but I'll pass on the 911 ride as I have already owned 2 of them. Hope you get a new one some day, shouldn't be to tough for a guy who claims to have a $650,000 annual income. LOL!
Old 07-03-2019, 06:59 PM
RedMercy
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 74 Posts

Sorry but I'll pass on the 911 ride as I have already owned 2 of them. Hope you get a new one some day, shouldn't be to tough for a guy who claims to have a $650,000 annual income. LOL!
I wish my father-in-law was a car guy, he makes over a million a year, but I don't see a cent of it going towards a car. That being said, If I work hard enough I'll be able to afford the c9z when It releases lol...Btw,I've never got the chance to ride on a supercar / or any car that has more than 300hp outside a parking garage... So to anyone who wants to give me a ride I'm up for it haha

Last edited by RedMercy; 07-03-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:06 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

I know it brings comfort for you to bring others into your less than favorable financial position. But again, you don’t require much.....just a bottle of Budwiser and a couple of point A to point B cars. We all know you hate Porsche’s, expensive jewelry or wine that doesn’t come with a screw cap. You are the epitome of the working class man that likes to throw mud at anyone that has more than you.......and that would be everyone. Go get yourself another Corvette and be happy.....live is too short to always be a grump.

Too funny troll.

I hate wine and that is whether it has a cork, screw cap or out of a barrel.

Yes, I will be getting another Corvette, a new one which will be number 11 for me. Really nice to know that I have your blessings in that acquisition. Hope you get that new 911 someday, certainly would be a great social crutch for a guy with your obvious insecurities. In the meantime you can just keep hating on Corvettes and the guys who enjoy them.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Thanks, and I hope you can get back in the game and pick up a nice used Corvette some day soon. Great cars and the C7 is an awesome value at the current time! Glad we are back on friend terms. If the C8 is a disappointment then a new 911 will be on order. Unlike the new C7 I took a bath on....the 911 will bring more than I paid for it a year ago. Sweet!
Old 07-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Too funny troll.

I hate wine and that is whether it has a cork, screw cap or out of a barrel.

Yes, I will be getting another Corvette, a new one which will be number 11 for me. Really nice to know that I have your blessings in that acquisition. Hope you get that new 911 someday, certainly would be a great social crutch for a guy with your obvious insecurities. In the meantime you can just keep hating on Corvettes and the guys who enjoy them.
I am happy for number 11. I hear $65k might get one in your garage. Congratulations in advance on your major purchase! knew you were just as insecure as the rest of us morons. LOL.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 07-03-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Hary Gahtoe
Drifting

Received 334 Likes on 221 Posts

My contention with C8 is it’s engineering is way outdated. Nothing exciting about a mid engine pushrod, large displacement car.
GM. Might as well have contracted Factory Five to build cars for them. They’ve been building mid engine cars for years
Old 07-03-2019, 07:49 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Hary Gahtoe
My contention with C8 is it’s engineering is way outdated. Nothing exciting about a mid engine pushrod, large displacement car.
GM. Might as well have contracted Factory Five to build cars for them. They’ve been building mid engine cars for years
While the past 6.2 is a great engine for trucks and SUV’s and served the past C7 fine.....it’s not a very sophisticated power plant. I would like to see a twin turbo charged v6 along with active aero......but I understand GM is trying to deliver a low cost sports car that delivers good performance numbers so they can sell over 30,000 of them a year and that’s also a problem. Good for GM.....not so good for the new purchaser when it comes time to sell. I would rather see a better product with a higher price and more limited production.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:01 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

What? You don’t buy into the $85K base car theory?

Old 07-03-2019, 08:26 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by tcinla

No, he just posted his 10th Corvette hate message of the day. Nice to know that all of us who will buy a new C8 are suckers buying a cheap car. What is this guys problem?
Old 07-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

No, he just posted his 10th Corvette hate message of the day. Nice to know that all of us who will buy a new C8 are suckers buying a cheap car. What is this guys problem?
Grow up Punky! We don’t all have to be a Corvette humper like you! I too like Corvettes and was a past owner of a C7 that I took museum delivery on as well as attended Ron Fellows driving school......yea, I am a real hater. The truth is, I will have a C8 before you if I like it better than the new 992. The difference between you and me is that your a loyalist and I am not. I actually require that the car meets my expectations as well or better than other cars I may also have interest in. It’s your right to buy what you wish......but I don’t buy a Corvette just for the word on the back.

I would like to know how many Museum deliveries you have taken and how many times you have attended the Ron Fellows driving school. Surly a loyalist like you has done that every time.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 07-03-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Personally, I wish they would raise the base price closer to the $100k mark and address its short comings. Then it could truly be world class. The performance is already there!
Old 07-03-2019, 08:50 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

So adding some digits auto-magically (poof!) results in a ‘world-class’ car? And, uhhhh, what shortcomings are you referring to? Awwww did GM go and reveal the car behind my back?

Last edited by tcinla; 07-03-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C8; Corvette or Supecar?

Old 07-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

So adding some digits auto-magically (poof!) results in a ‘world-class’ car? And, uhhhh, what shortcomings are you referring to? Awwww did GM go and reveal the car behind my back?
You may be new to GM, but fit and finish and quality of materials has never been a Chevrolet hallmark. I have owned tons of them....with many costing more than nicely equipped Corvettes. You know as well as I do that not much can be accomplished at a 65k price point. Even volume can’t overcome a shallow budget. Pickups cost more.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:39 PM
BEAR-AvHistory
Drifting

Received 702 Likes on 467 Posts

If Honda can screw a car together in Ohio & sell it for $25,000 having good exterior seams & tight interior fit there is no reason GM can't do one for $65,000 in Kentucky. Don't think that humongous plant is set up to do limited production cars. The fixed cost would be off the charts.

As for your favorite foil why not just put him on the ignore list. Very simple solution to the issue. Works for me.

Its getting close to the reveal & not much more thats real to talk about. The forum is quickly descending into tinfoil hats time to ward off Venusian Ray beam brain waves.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-03-2019 at 09:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. ice (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
If Honda can screw a car together in Ohio & sell it for $25,000 having good exterior seams & tight interior fit there is no reason GM can't do one for $65,000 in Kentucky. Don't think that humongous plant is set up to do limited production cars. The fixed cost would be off the charts.

As for your favorite foil why not just put him on the ignore list. Very simple solution to the issue. Works for me.

Its getting close to the reveal & not much more thats real to talk about. The forum is quickly descending into tinfoil hats time to ward off Venusian Ray beam brain waves.
All great points and I couldn’t agree more with your Honda statement. Great product.

Quick Reply: C8; Corvette or Supecar?