Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Ferrari?? Let's check out the C8!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 05:14 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy Squirrel
There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure as hell are stupid threads. Pack it up the Thurston Howell III's of the world...
better than being a Ginger ...

just sayin’...
Old 05-25-2020, 06:01 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by B747VET
A classic case of transference syndrome growing worse by the week. Nobody can even mention the C8 around you unless they first prostate themselves at the C8 altar. It’s a car. A very great car. So are a lot of others. But the C8 is not the be all end all of automotive nirvana and the fact that you take every comparative mention of any other vehicle, especially Ferraris, as a personal attack is increasingly indicative that perhaps even you aren’t all that confident that the C8 can stand on its own. The fact that it would even entire your mind to use the phrase Ferrari Royalty indicates that you have little confident belief in your own representations.

Please just enjoy your C8 and chill and stop constantly insulting, demeaning and attacking other people to build up your own ego which is the true definition of TDS.
Problem solved...458, and a C8.....Happy now???

Last edited by gowenfast; 05-25-2020 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:10 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by Parcival
better than being a Ginger ...

just sayin’...
What?? I dreamed of doing Ginger many times.....
Old 05-25-2020, 07:19 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by gowenfast
What?? I dreamed of doing Ginger many times.....
“Doing” but not “being”! :p

Back on topic, this may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread ... I think it’s a great testimony to GM and the C8 that Ferrarichat has a nice thread about the C8 that has been going for several months (400+ posts).

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...615623/page-17

Clearly there are many Ferrari owners who recognize the achievement and want to add a C8 to their collection.

Last edited by Parcival; 05-25-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:48 PM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by NFARVW
I recently picked up a GoPro Max 360 as a tool to aid in cinematic shots here and on my other channel, NFA Review Channel. In the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic was a beautiful and rare day here in Florida. The months have already turned hot, and here came a late and most likely last cold front of the year. With the sun shining, a high of 72deg and no traffic on the road, I set off for a quarantine cruise on my favorite road. It was pure automotive bliss. Sit back and enjoy as I take you with me on that journey. Just us, the open road, and the new GoPro Max 360! - Adam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daKoV2Ai_yM
Channel is not monetized. No AD'S
Wow that go pro max 360 is very cool. Maybe I can use that and save some money on PDR when I order the C8. Will it fall off during track days from all the cornering/braking Gs? Man instead of multi cams you can just get one of those!!
Old 05-19-2021, 04:17 PM
Korbek
Melting Slicks

Received 2,035 Likes on 840 Posts

Edit: UGH.... didn't realize this thread was resurrected from last year and was mostly people arguing back and forth about ferrari vs C8.

I love the look of several Ferraris, and love one of their dark midnight/sapphire blue shades... but even if I had the scratch to pay 200-300k for a car I just couldn't see buying a Ferarri just for exclusivity at this point. I buy sports cars for speed and to a lesser extent creature comforts. The type of person who can afford a Ferrari can also likely afford a Mclaren. I'd sooner buy a Mclaren than a Ferrari any day, but paying for "exclusivity" is silly.

Pay for performance, or for a style you want, or for people to kiss your *** I suppose (I guess that's where the exlusivity comes in? though I've heard tales of Ferrari dealerships treating their customers terribly). I've been driving Merc SLKs for the past 13 years. Dealership always treats you really well. But choosing between a Mercedes AMG GT and the C8 was a no brainer for me. I love love love the AMG GT, but the C8 is just way too much car for the money, bang for buck, to pass up. That and I'm addicted to HTCs so anything without an HTC just isn't an option for me lol.

Last edited by Korbek; 05-19-2021 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:30 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6
I don’t know what your smoking, but if the 488 is dated, I want one.....
He’s been delusional since his first post on this forum.

Quick Reply: What Ferrari?? Let's check out the C8!