Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Dallas/Ft Worth Paint Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 04:16 PM
kerrynewman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas/Ft Worth Paint Shop?

I have started taking my 1986 a part, rear bumper off, black trim off, ground effects off, still need to remove the headlight doors and front trim. BUT I am looking for someone to paint my car, (and the various pieces I am taking off). I'll reassemble it, just need someone to shoot it, want a good job but not sky high $$. Anyone know of a good painter in the DFW area, I am in north Grand Prairie area. THANKS!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM
billy7566
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint shop

Originally Posted by kerrynewman
I have started taking my 1986 a part, rear bumper off, black trim off, ground effects off, still need to remove the headlight doors and front trim. BUT I am looking for someone to paint my car, (and the various pieces I am taking off). I'll reassemble it, just need someone to shoot it, want a good job but not sky high $$. Anyone know of a good painter in the DFW area, I am in north Grand Prairie area. THANKS!
Hi my '73 is in the body shop, in Mansfield.
His son is going to paint it in denton, maybe.
The son is 40 and I have not talked to him yet.
I'll let you know if you want. billy75666@yahoo.com.
body work finished this weekend start paint in 2 weeks.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:26 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Tim & T&A collision painted my '71. I'm happy with the result. I brought it to him ready for paint, all body work & primer was done.

6518 Industrial Dr, Sachse, TX 75048
Phone: (972) 496-0302

Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by zwede
Tim & T&A collision painted my '71. I'm happy with the result. I brought it to him ready for paint, all body work & primer was done. 6518 Industrial Dr, Sachse, TX 75048 Phone: (972) 496-0302
Your car is straight. Nice job!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:53 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Dt86
Your car is straight. Nice job!
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zwede, Just curious. With you doing all the hard work...why didn't YOU paint it yourself?

DUB
Old 05-29-2014, 06:11 PM
zwede
Race Director

Originally Posted by DUB
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zwede, Just curious. With you doing all the hard work...why didn't YOU paint it yourself?

DUB
Mike Deyer (tracdogg2) did the hard stuff, and I was grunt labor. As the project went along I got pretty decent at laying 'glass, and did some passable work with the body file. I did most of the block sanding.

I love painting. Unfortunately in my dumb youthful days I tried shooting a door without a respirator and ended up in the ER. Since then I have a high sensitivity to paint and although I can shoot with the proper equipment, I prefer not to.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:44 PM
DUB
Race Director

Mike Deyer (tracdogg2) did the hard stuff, and I was grunt labor. As the project went along I got pretty decent at laying 'glass, and did some passable work with the body file. I did most of the block sanding.
Your hard work shows in the end result.

I love painting. Unfortunately in my dumb youthful days I tried shooting a door without a respirator and ended up in the ER. Since then I have a high sensitivity to paint and although I can shoot with the proper equipment, I prefer not to.
ENOUGH SAID THERE...And I can understand. I know a few people who can not even be in the same room with open cans of paint/clear etc...and get a whiff of the fumes. Sorry, I did not know (obviously) and did not mean to pry.

The car is as I stated in the above post.

DUB
Old 05-30-2014, 06:35 PM
zwede
Race Director

DUB: No need for any apologies. I tell my little story all the time to the young ones that think they're invincible. Couldn't find my respirator and hey, it's only a door. Dumb move.

I did shoot the primer on the '71 though. For some reason primer doesn't bother me as long as I wear my mask at all times (including mixing, which I've seen many people not bother with. Again, dumb move). Kind of like the people who only put on their seat belts on the highway.

Last edited by zwede; 05-30-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:52 PM
DUB
Race Director

DUB: No need for any apologies. I tell my little story all the time to the young ones that think they're invincible. Couldn't find my respirator and hey, it's only a door. Dumb move.

I did shoot the primer on the '71 though. For some reason primer doesn't bother me as long as I wear my mask at all times (including mixing, which I've seen many people not bother with. Again, dumb move). Kind of like the people who only put on their seat belts on the highway.
YEP...much like some guys I see paint in shorts and a tank top during the summer...and "wonder why" they feel like crap the next couple of days...even though they wore a respirator.

DUB
Old 06-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
YEP...much like some guys I see paint in shorts and a tank top during the summer...and "wonder why" they feel like crap the next couple of days...even though they wore a respirator. DUB
Those chemicals will probably absorb through your skin almost as fast as breathing it in. It only takes one bad exposure to ruin the rest of your life.

Get notified of new replies

To Dallas/Ft Worth Paint Shop?

Quick Reply: Dallas/Ft Worth Paint Shop?