Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Park it? Na, let's ride! ----North Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 09:24 PM
clusterone
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Park it? Na, let's ride! ----North Alabama

Being new to the car scene, only recently getting a car worth loving, I am a bit sad. Having trouble finding others that want to cruise, seems most just want to park their beauties at car shows for others to tell them how cool their car is. Well, that or track it(can't afford that). Harley scene was always road/poker runs, so looking for that, but cars. OK, sorry If I am coming across a bit snarky…fighting COVID and can tell I am very short-tempered ATM.

Anyway, looking to meet some others, who ideally cruise with their honey. Prefer to cruise from small town to town, ideally country roads, seeing (&eating) the best at each location. If in the North Alabama area and feel the same, holler.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:07 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,517 Likes on 3,599 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Have you looked for a Club to join, yes they go to car shows, but most clubs have cruising for lunch or dinner, and some clubs have weekend trips, which is all fun specially have to get know your club members and families.

If they have no Corvette Club, find car club.

The following users liked this post:
Rapid Fred (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 09:51 AM
puterami
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 290 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
2020 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (stock)

You and I have spoken in this forum before. I love cruisin', but not too fond of sitting at shows. Did that too much.
Went on one a couple of Sundays ago that was RCMC and VV (Valley Vettes). This was down in South Huntsville. Cruised backroads to a restaurant in Hartselle. A lot of driving for me since I live in Fayetteville above you.
I always look out for any cruises going on when RCMC comes up here. I'll join those.
Thinking of dropping by the Sonic this Sunday, but it's a park and talk as well.

BTW, I love finding a small place in a small town to eat and mapping out some curvy roads to get there. It's the reason I bought the cars I have had.

And Valley Vettes is run by the guy that owns Corvettes Unlimited in Huntsville. If you want more information about them, call Corvettes Unlimited and talk with Barbara Jenkins.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:58 PM
clusterone
Instructor

Hello Puterami,

Hate I missed that cruise, sounded like fun! I did follow through on your recent advice and reestablished my FB account to see all the different club calendars and so on. Hated to do it as social media in such a negative on society, but apparently FB is just too easy vs standing up a proper website so I get it. Hit a few shows, and have seen some nice cars, but still just parked. I’ll reach out to Barbara, could not find anything online. Please DM me if you catch wind of a cruise. Best Regards!
Old 05-18-2022, 05:08 PM
clusterone
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
Have you looked for a Club to join, yes they go to car shows, but most clubs have cruising for lunch or dinner, and some clubs have weekend trips, which is all fun specially have to get know your club members and families.

If they have no Corvette Club, find car club.

Hello,

Slowly been finding local clubs online, but also reaching out here. Thank you for your service!

1bdvet (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 05:47 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,420 Likes on 1,028 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I've never bothered much with clubs, clubs turned me off about 20 years ago, when it was snobby C5 owners pissing all over the C4s. It depends on the right group of guys. I do go to the local shows at Providence or the one coming up at Cabelas and the monthly Athens cruise-in.
koreanbeefcake (05-23-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 10:26 AM
clusterone
Instructor

Anything happening today?
Old 05-23-2022, 11:04 AM
koreanbeefcake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

seen a lot of corvette guys on the rocket city mustang club posts. TBH, i not seen many cruises as far as "muscle car" forums. I'm still active on subaru boards and such and have joined them in their cruises in the past.
clusterone (06-02-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 09:40 AM
puterami
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by koreanbeefcake
seen a lot of corvette guys on the rocket city mustang club posts.
Mostly 3. Myself, Dave Dunlap and Pete Spaulding. I'm a 3-time past president of that club. :-D

@clusterone - Sorry, I was out of town this weekend.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:00 PM
rybern
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 350 Posts

I enjoy getting together on occasion too. If you guys ever venture over to the Albertville area, holler at me. I'm up for a cruise to/from anywhere between Albertville and Hazel Green.

I'll be at the Cabela's show next Sat in the silver Grand Sport. The longer I'm a Vette owner, the more appreciation I have for the car's that led up to what I have.
puterami (05-25-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 11:59 AM
clusterone
Instructor

After spending the morning getting a plug patch combo repair done on my new tire..ugh...talked the family into hitting Draft n Water Crafts on Tim's Ford. Anyone in the area feel free to join us. Prob pull in around noonish. Look for longer haired guy with all females. Yup, I am completely out numbered at home. Vette does help keep testosterone up!!! Lol
Old 05-28-2022, 04:50 PM
rybern
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by rybern
I enjoy getting together on occasion too. If you guys ever venture over to the Albertville area, holler at me. I'm up for a cruise to/from anywhere between Albertville and Hazel Green.

I'll be at the Cabela's show next Sat in the silver Grand Sport. The longer I'm a Vette owner, the more appreciation I have for the car's that led up to what I have.
As it turns out my Vette won't be in the Cabela's Car show due to me working the show.

Originally Posted by clusterone
After spending the morning getting a plug patch combo repair done on my new tire..ugh...talked the family into hitting Draft n Water Crafts on Tim's Ford. Anyone in the area feel free to join us. Prob pull in around noonish. Look for longer haired guy with all females. Yup, I am completely out numbered at home. Vette does help keep testosterone up!!! Lol
Sounds fun but a little short on notice for me. Does "Draft n Water Crafts" have anything to do with beer? We really like Tim's Ford and went and stayed in a cabin at the State Park late October last year..... Very pretty and peaceful place.

puterami (06-01-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 01:25 AM
clusterone
Instructor

The lake and restaurant was popping, but managed to get concrete parking and a table without a wait, great place!
I will definitely plan to hit the V4V event at Cabelas next week. Saw puterami posted the flier. Will also have a few hour to burn in the AM...hmm which direction to head. Paint Rock Valley is supposed to be nice, but open

Btw - Thanks to MAVIS on Winchester Road near Moores Mill for superior service Saturday. Isaac and the manager provided an oustanding personal touch.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:07 PM
clusterone
Instructor

Quick trip to Lynchburg with my mate and his wife. Beautiful day!
The following 2 users liked this post by clusterone:
puterami (06-01-2022), rybern (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 01:09 PM
puterami
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by clusterone

Quick trip to Lynchburg with my mate and his wife. Beautiful day!
Ah, wish I had known. Always love heading up there.
Also take backroads to Tim's Ford to hike when I can.

Sweet car you have. Who is the Stang owner? I know I have seen that car around.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:27 PM
clusterone
Instructor

Originally Posted by puterami
Ah, wish I had known. Always love heading up there.
Also take backroads to Tim's Ford to hike when I can.

Sweet car you have. Who is the Stang owner? I know I have seen that car around.
Hello again @puterami. Thanks, besides my wife and kids first... she is my baby! Darn, wish you could have made it. Do hope to catch up with you at the Vets for vettes event this weekend. Shoot me your number via PM and I'll make sure and also drop you a txt, besides posting here, next time I head north. Mustang is a 2009 GT tweaked just a bit! Buddy just got it from a gent towards Gatlinburg. Traded a nice jeep for it a couple weeks ago.
puterami (06-02-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 11:31 PM
clusterone
Instructor

Originally Posted by rybern
As it turns out my Vette won't be in the Cabela's Car show due to me working the show.

Sounds fun but a little short on notice for me. Does "Draft n Water Crafts" have anything to do with beer? We really like Tim's Ford and went and stayed in a cabin at the State Park late October last year..... Very pretty and peaceful place.

Good guess my friend! I am really enjoying crusing that direction. Been twice now, both great experiences; plenty of backroads to get there/home. Hope to also meet you this weekend at the Vets for vettes event. Cheers!
Old 06-02-2022, 12:14 AM
clusterone
Instructor

Originally Posted by vader86
I've never bothered much with clubs, clubs turned me off about 20 years ago, when it was snobby C5 owners pissing all over the C4s. It depends on the right group of guys. I do go to the local shows at Providence or the one coming up at Cabelas and the monthly Athens cruise-in.
i did not want to post it at risk of sounding like an ****, but also not a "club" person. Do love grounded people to enjoy life with. In today's digital age must give this forum props for also providing a similar type exp. Everyone here seems happy to share their knowledge with others and with only an occasional derogatory comment.

Get notified of new replies

To Park it? Na, let's ride! ----North Alabama

Quick Reply: Park it? Na, let's ride! ----North Alabama