Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Is Corvette Mid Year Prices Dropping? Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
32hibo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most if not all of these post's are by

People who have never been outside the USA.....It CAN get a lot worse....in many places the price of ANY car means NOTHING.....
Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 32hibo
People who have never been outside the USA.....It CAN get a lot worse....in many places the price of ANY car means NOTHING.....
I disagree

I lived in many places (mostly Europe). I can tell you when you say Corvette it gets car enthusiast attention. I can remenber in Germany a guy willing to trade his newer Porsche and cash for a "ok" 1979 Corvette.

My brothers wife from South Africa and her father had a 1966 Corvette he drove for a couple of years.

My X g/f from Japan loved Corvettes and enjoyed riding with me in my Corvette.

Corvette and American muscle is popular alot of places...People with money are willing to pay the $$$ to have one..

Old 05-13-2008, 10:27 PM
32hibo
Advanced

Default OK I bet your right ....however

15,000 plus just died in China...did you REALLY care if they owned a Corvette or not???? Thats about how much most care about you or any vette....most just want to eat and have a place to live....we are out of touch....THERE are wealthy everywere and some do respect enjoy things that most cant have however they are not the norm.....
Old 05-14-2008, 01:39 AM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by 32hibo
15,000 plus just died in China...did you REALLY care if they owned a Corvette or not???? Thats about how much most care about you or any vette....most just want to eat and have a place to live....we are out of touch....THERE are wealthy everywere and some do respect enjoy things that most cant have however they are not the norm.....
While I agree, I don't see the relevance to this thread. Most Americans probably couldn't find China on a map, but they know all the American Idol finalists and what Britney Spears had for lunch today.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
SBR
Safety Car

Received 678 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
While I agree, I don't see the relevance to this thread. Most Americans probably couldn't find China on a map, but they know all the American Idol finalists and what Britney Spears had for lunch today.
Sad but true, I had some people take an online observation quiz and most of the people tested got this question wrong: how many states in the USA A. 49 B 50 C 51, hint the answer is B
Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
32hibo
Advanced

Default THE Dem front runner

Obama...say's theres 57...is that RIGHT??????Gee he may be the next PREZ......
Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 982 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
what Britney Spears had for lunch today.
Now that is one thing that I do know. Some Robitussin and a Tic-Tac.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
recips
Advanced

Default Market Correction

I think we are headed for a "high production/over bought" market correction. A wise man once told me that if everyone you meet has a stock tip, it's time to get out of the market. The same is true with the classic car market. When too many people want to be in the game there will inevitably be inflated prices, when the economy sours pretenders are the first to dump and subsequently hurt car values. In "my" opinion a lot of the insanity is relative to the inflation of high production cars, the Mustang and Chevelle come to mind. There were five times as many Mustangs produced in 1966 than there were C2 Corvettes combined. Also this Mopar madness is unbelievable, I see 72' Darts listed for 25K+ . No offense to the Mopar guys I'm sure there are Darts out there worth 25K, it's just a generalization of the market. Anyway, I am actually in the market for another Corvette and I just don't see anything under the money. My $0.02
Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM
tls630
Melting Slicks

The sour economy is taking it's toll on corvette prices. Anyone can ask what they want for a car, but selling it is a differant story. Anything is only worth waht you can get for it.Wath e-bay and some of the other sites, they are not selling..
Old 05-17-2008, 03:11 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by viet630
The sour economy is taking it's toll on corvette prices. Anyone can ask what they want for a car, but selling it is a differant story. Anything is only worth waht you can get for it.Wath e-bay and some of the other sites, they are not selling..

Everything goes through cycles. There are buyer's markets and seller's markets.

Right now it's a buyer's market. Eventually it will turn around. It always does.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:33 AM
SBR
Safety Car

Received 678 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by hzz

Right now it's a buyer's market. Eventually it will turn around. It always does.
I agree, if you think midyear prices are down you should see Mopar prices, down by as much a 50%. Great cars are still bringing top dollar but everything else seems to be down from 2yrs ago. I think the market is getting much more selective on colors and pedigree and this trend will continue.
Regards,
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 PM
onevetteguy
Instructor

Hi guys, with prices dropping off like they are - I have decided to purchase a nice restored 65 - 67 midyear car & would accept NCRS Top Flight. With the market like it is & fuel prices like they have become. I would be willing to go as high as $2500 for a restored coupe and up to $3000 for a fully restored convertible. I would make other considerations for a true 67 427 /435 hp car - probably close to $5000.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:35 PM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onevetteguy
Hi guys, with prices dropping off like they are - I have decided to purchase a nice restored 65 - 67 midyear car & would accept NCRS Top Flight. With the market like it is & fuel prices like they have become. I would be willing to go as high as $2500 for a restored coupe and up to $3000 for a fully restored convertible. I would make other considerations for a true 67 427 /435 hp car - probably close to $5000.
You'll more than likely be a one vette guy for awhile.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:13 AM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by stingrayl76
You'll more than likely be a one vette guy for awhile.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Paul_DC
Advanced

Nice.

Then on the other extreme (but a serious one), anyone notice the Goodwood Green 67 435 coupe that is a one owner, all original, absurdly low miles, it was on Hemmings for a few months (really low quality photo) where the owner is asking for $800,000. Yes, $800,000 and that is his firm price...

Last edited by Paul_DC; 05-23-2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Fixed the typos...
Old 05-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Stingxray
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

The FIX is in, and this government can't stop this runaway train. Baby BOOMER'S will finally see through the feds made up Inflation numbers and start withdrawing their 401 k's to make ends meet. When the Stock market sees massive money outflows it will all tip over. The Federal Reserve has us chasing Bubble's.
Interest Rate cuts have little to no effect as they get closer to zero. Mark My words.." After the November election's ...interest rates WILL go Up". Banks are failing big and small ... Lehman Brothers' is next !
This bubble will burst in the Fed Reserves Face. No Bailout of the sub prime bond holders by this tax payer!
Midyear prices dropping ?????? Who Cares

Last edited by Stingxray; 05-23-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:50 PM
onevetteguy
Instructor

Just noticed a senior member who posted the blue 66 L-72 roadster for One Hundred and Thirty Thousand dollars here today - wow ! if midyears get much cheaper I will have to become a two vette guy !

Get notified of new replies

To Is Corvette Mid Year Prices Dropping? Help Please.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Doug F.
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, being much less opportunistic than onevetteguy , will pay $6000 for any year any HP big block coupe!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:09 PM
32hibo
Advanced

Default It is coming...but some would rather joke.....

Originally Posted by Stingxray
The FIX is in, and this government can't stop this runaway train. Baby BOOMER'S will finally see through the feds made up Inflation numbers and start withdrawing their 401 k's to make ends meet. When the Stock market sees massive money outflows it will all tip over. The Federal Reserve has us chasing Bubble's.
Interest Rate cuts have little to no effect as they get closer to zero. Mark My words.." After the November election's ...interest rates WILL go Up". Banks are failing big and small ... Lehman Brothers' is next !
This bubble will burst in the Fed Reserves Face. No Bailout of the sub prime bond holders by this tax payer!
Midyear prices dropping ?????? Who Cares
As I mentioned a few post's ago....we are out of touch...or heads are in the sand....
Old 05-26-2008, 11:25 PM
32hibo
Advanced

Default what you mean is it always has....

Originally Posted by hzz

Not sure it always WILL...sad to say but I think what we are seeing is the end of an era in the American way of life...its been a long time coming but there are a lot of things in play and most are not good for what we have known for the last 50 years....Not dooms day preaching just the way I see it ...and no I dont have the answers...

Last edited by 32hibo; 05-26-2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: wording

Quick Reply: Is Corvette Mid Year Prices Dropping? Help Please.