Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your softtop pop out while driving-there is a solution

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 260 Likes on 211 Posts

I'll tell you what I did on my 71' Vert. The spring on the latch was broken so rather than buy a new one, I got some music wire and wound another spring that was heavier than the good one on the other side. Now (with the heavier spring) it REALLY holds the top down.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Babypig
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paul67
Why do you not just offer a repair kit with instructions at a reasonable price? Think through what you are asking. I have to remove my latches (value ~$130.00), ship them to you/a stranger ($20.00 or so), you repair ($95.00), you ship back ($20.00 or so), and I re-install the latches. Cut out the unnecessary steps. Most of us can turn a wrench.
certainly paul you have sent somebody something of value on your corvette for rebuild and paid a fee.Well unfortunately I don't have a repair kit and alot of the work is fitting this spring to the right tolerances.I will tell you what, call me and I will do yours for free,all i ask is if you like what i do, you support me here.Deal?How do you call somebody who has been here since 2005 " a stranger"
Old 12-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Babypig
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke94
I'll tell you what I did on my 71' Vert. The spring on the latch was broken so rather than buy a new one, I got some music wire and wound another spring that was heavier than the good one on the other side. Now (with the heavier spring) it REALLY holds the top down.
allright duke, atta boy .
Old 12-17-2008, 03:39 PM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

While everyone can appreciate someone's time and effort into helping make our Vettes "better," we still have to play by the rules. Therefore, the rule states:

Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale.

Quick Reply: Does your softtop pop out while driving-there is a solution