C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kalifornia Sharks PCH Cruise to Solvang...April 30th ---Formally-Any interest in a C3

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJlr
Add to the prize list
3) Most blood lost doing a repair
4) Most Bubba work
5) Best/Worst MPG

i would win worst MPG....10 on premium only... thats freeway mpg...

why have a gas peddle? shouldn't it just be a gas switch? I mean, mine seems to be ether all the way on or all the way off!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 PM
enkeivette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do motorgen cruises in So. Cal every month, sometimes down PCH. Yall should come.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24275
Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by enkeivette
We do motorgen cruises in So. Cal every month, sometimes down PCH. Yall should come.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24275
if you got a C3, you need to come with us!!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Received 543 Likes on 198 Posts

[QUOTE=

yea, but I would hate to miss that part of PCH, and we can take that way home... but i was planning on going a tad futher north home a little with some of the norcal boys to 166 just north os Santa Maria, then to the 5 south home... 166 to frazer park road to 5 south is new, beautiful and no traffic...it is an amazing drive and we will skip right past the 101 Santa barbara rush hourssssssssss traffic...
\

:[/QUOTE]
There is no PCH between Ventura and the Goleta tunnell. PCH/Hiway 1 stops in Ventura at the 101, and resumes right after the tunnell heading to Lompoc, only 12 miles from Buellton. And yes, the Soutboung 101 is very slow on Sunday evenings between Santa Barbara and Ventura. Everyone is leaving the Central Coast then and heading back to LA.
Bee Jay

Last edited by Bee Jay; 01-20-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:36 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bee Jay
There is no PCH between Ventura and the Goleta tunnell. PCH/Hiway 1 stops in Ventura at the 101, and resumes right after the tunnell heading to Lompoc, only 12 miles from Buellton. And yes, the Soutboung 101 is very slow on Sunday evenings between Santa Barbara and Ventura. Everyone is leaving the Central Coast then and heading back to LA.
Bee Jay
Well its not technically PCH I guess, its the north bound 101, but it still follows the coast....... and the wife just loves the coast and PCH,,,,,,,, and the way home we will hit the mountains and curves...O what a view!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 AM
enkeivette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pauldana
if you got a C3, you need to come with us!!!!!
All C3s and no other sexy cars makes Adam a saaad panda.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:40 AM
enkeivette
Melting Slicks

why have a gas peddle? shouldn't it just be a gas switch? I mean, mine seems to be ether all the way on or all the way off!!!
You need to learn how to tune your car. I probably make twice as much horsepower as you and I do better than that in the city. It will save you money in the long run.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:40 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

You need to learn how to tune your car. I probably make twice as much horsepower as you and I do better than that in the city. It will save you money in the long run.

Don't you think that was a pretty arrogant statement not having any idea of what is in her and my background in auto mechanics? Maybe its just me, but i feel a little offended.

Last edited by pauldana; 01-21-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Tod M Elliott
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it, thanks Paul....let me know.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 AM
cm2dinger
Racer

Its all right Paul some folks just run off at the mouth.

enkeivette This is neighther the time or the post to get in to that if he wanted help he would start a thread asking for it.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Well its not technically PCH I guess, its the north bound 101, but it still follows the coast....... and the wife just loves the coast and PCH,,,,,,,, and the way home we will hit the mountains and curves...O what a view!
Paul good buddy, you should try the Lake Cachuma road (154). You still get an Ocean View, but from up in the hills over Santa Barbara. Very spectactular view of the Ocean from up there and the mountains. Plus you get a great view of Lake Cachuma and Todd has us going over or under the Cold Springs Bridge and by Cold Springs Tavern, and then thru downtown Solvang. The 101 out of Santa Barbara does follow the coast up till the Gavioto Pass, but no Ocean after that to Buellton. Your best Ocean side cruise is between Ventura and Santa Barbara. Here is a picture of the very famous Cold Springs Bridge. The Cold Springs Tavern is a very popular destination of the motorcycle crowd.

Bee Jay
PS This is the kind of flyer we need to email and hand out to C3 Corvette owners. Anyone have any skills?

Last edited by Bee Jay; 01-21-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM
MrMagic
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Let it go (HP & MPG)

Get back to the fun stuff. 2 months away!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

I have the same problem. Gas mileage may vary. Drive it like an economy car, and you are rewarded with good gas mileage. Drive it like a wild crazy kid that just stole a hot Vette, 10MPG. It ain't a Honda Civic.
Bee Jay
Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Tod M Elliott
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the picture Bee Jay!!!
That's the view I was talking about..... It's going to be awesome with the lids off. As far as fuel economy, It's a cruise not a race, if we take our time and don't haul ***, we'll be able to stay in a group and look bitchin.The fuel shouldn't cost anyone more than 60 to 80 bucks and the lower speeds will tend to keep Barney off our asses. Soooo there we go, Lets try to make a great day of it. Just my opinion..............
Old 01-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Bee Jay
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TOD M ELLIOTT
Thanks for the picture Bee Jay!!!
That's the view I was talking about..... It's going to be awesome with the lids off. As far as fuel economy, It's a cruise not a race, if we take our time and don't haul ***, we'll be able to stay in a group and look bitchin.The fuel shouldn't cost anyone more than 60 to 80 bucks and the lower speeds will tend to keep Barney off our asses. Soooo there we go, Lets try to make a great day of it. Just my opinion..............
WHAT????!!! It's not a race??? Aw man. I was thinking it would be like the movie, "It's a wild, wild, wild, world"
OK, I'll behave, I can't make any promises for wildman Paul though. His one goal in life is to beat C5s and C6s. Hmmm, maybe that's why this is a C3 only run.
Bee Jay
Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bee Jay
WHAT????!!! It's not a race??? Aw man. I was thinking it would be like the movie, "It's a wild, wild, wild, world"
OK, I'll behave, I can't make any promises for wildman Paul though. His one goal in life is to beat C5s and C6s. Hmmm, maybe that's why this is a C3 only run.
Bee Jay
nice heads and valve train, $2500
new intake, $225
smoking a C5 or C6.... Priceless...

ok... we will take the rout you like.... cool.....and run at a medium pace... but the rout home ...... well, there may be a little more spirited driving... just got my 1g BFG's!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 PM
enkeivette
Melting Slicks

Don't you think that was a pretty arrogant statement not having any idea of what is in her and my background in auto mechanics? Maybe its just me, but i feel a little offended.

No, especially not now because you haven't said anything to discredit what I said. I'm making easily over 500 wheel hp, probably over 700 at the flywheel. And I can still pull 18 mpg out of my car on the freeway, driving 80 mph+. I don't see a tubbed out C3 in your avatar with fatty slicks, so there is no excuse for your gas mileage.

I've tuned mine to run at around 14.8:1 AFR cruise, 14.5 idle, and it drops down to about 12.5:1 under boost. I've been trying to get the boost AFR lower but I'm taxing my fuel pump as it is. But I spent about a year tuning, and learning how to tune it. Tuning a carb is no joke, and it's rare that I come across someone that knows how to tune a carb (other than with a screwdriver, which isn't tuning a carb). So it's not a grand assumption at all.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited by enkeivette; 01-21-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Kalifornia Sharks PCH Cruise to Solvang...April 30th ---Formally-Any interest in a C3

Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 PM
enkeivette
Melting Slicks

Also, when I first bought my carb and bolted it on, after a quick screwdriver set, it hit low 10s AFR on part throttle acceleration. And it was a brand new expensive Mighty Demon carb. I got about 8 mpg then. So I assume everyone out there with aftermarket parts is driving around with a messed up AFR, especially when they post about getting 10 mpg.

Moreover, I have two UTI graduate friends, neither of them know anything about tuning a carb. It's not something that is taught at current tech schools. So it's not an arrogant statement at all. Most mechanics don't even know how to tune a carb.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Tod M Elliott
Burning Brakes

Saturday March 19th, So Cal C-3s meets Nor Cal C-3s, Santa Monica to Solvang.

Starting location: Santa Monica pier at 7:30a.m.on March 19th, departure time to be between 8:00 and 8:30a.m.

Route one: Camarillo, North bound Hwy 1 (P.C.H.) towards Point Mugu. Exit Las Posas Rd. head North (right) to the Camarillo park and ride located on, Park and Ride Dr. in Camarillo (South East corner of the intersection of 101 and Las Posas Rd). Estimated arrival time 9:00a.m. to 9:30a.m.Departure time between 9:30a.m. and 10:00a.m. 49.4 miles at 71 minutes travel.

Route two: Santa Barbara, North bound hwy 101 exit Cabrillo Blvd. This off ramp exits off the number one lane (the fast lane, far left). Head West (left) on Cabrillo Blvd. (approximately two miles) past the Santa Barbara Zoo, along the beach and towards Stearns Wharf, to State St. Head North (right) on State St. (approximately three miles) to the La Cumbre Plaza located on the South East corner of La Cumbre and State st. Estimated arrival time 10:00a.m. to 10:30a.m.Departure between 11:00a.m. to 11:30a.m. 48.1 miles at 53 minutes.

Route three: Solvang, From La Cumbre Plaza, Head West on Calle Real approx .5 miles to Hwy 154. Head North West (right) on Hwy 154 9.4 miles to Stage Coach Rd. head left on Stage Coach approx 3.1 miles to Paradise rd. Head left .5 miles back to Hwy 154. Head West (right) on hwy 154 13.4 miles to Hwy 246 (Mission Dr). Head left on Hwy 246 approx 6.5 miles threw Solvang then stopping near the Equestrian areas for photo opportunities. After photos it’s off to Buellton. 1.6 miles to Ave of Flags head North for parking, meet and greet and lunch. 34.3 miles at 50 minutes. Estimated arrival time in Solvang 12:00p.m. to 12:30p.m.

Roughly, 135 miles with 3 hours of road time.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:15 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

No, especially not now because you haven't said anything to discredit what I said. I'm making easily over 500 wheel hp, probably over 700 at the flywheel. And I can still pull 18 mpg out of my car on the freeway. I don't see a tubbed out C3 in your avatar with fatty slicks, so there is no excuse for your gas mileage.

I've tuned mine to run at around 14.8:1 AFR cruise, 14.5 idle, and it drops down to about 12.5:1 under boost. I've been trying to get the boost AFR lower but I'm taxing my fuel pump as it is. But I spent about a year tuning, and learning how to tune it. Tuning a carb is no joke, and it's rare that I come across someone that knows how to tune a carb (other than with a screwdriver, which isn't tuning a carb). So it's not a grand assumption at all.

Prove me wrong.
This will be my last post on this issue.

383 with a dynode 440tq and 460+hp at the rear wheels N/A engine running ~12.8-13.1 A/F under WOT and ~13 at cruse. I have built over 10 engines myself including much of the machining work being that my friends own the machine shop and i used to teach auto shop at the high school where i work. i have been through my Mighty Demon carb several times changing the both the Jets and the air bleeds as needed. i have rebuilt Holleys, BG's and Edelbrocks... probably over 100 to date.
so, yes, i know how to use a screwdriver...

And again, that was an arrogant assumption on your part mr. Goodwrench... and if your only getting 500hp at the rear wheels with a blower, 40 hp more than i N/A?... thats pretty sorry, nothing to brag about...

So, im done with this now....

back to the run.....!!!!

still trying to get the map thing to work the way i want on yahoo maps...

Quick Reply: Kalifornia Sharks PCH Cruise to Solvang...April 30th ---Formally-Any interest in a C3