Sponsored by:

Going in for a little face lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
ED69ray
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
I'm not having the car repainted as the paint on it is in very good condition. I am having a few nicks taken care of and the hood and fenders will probably have to be blended together as the paint has probably changed in color over the years slightly.

As far as losing the wiper door, the long hood came along and I took it. Did not really matter to me as the car rarely has had the wipers up. I'll get rid of some vacuum lines and the pie tin in the engine compartment.
I bought an L-88 hood for the recent repaint on my '69 and considered going with the long version as well to delete the troublesome PIA wiper door assembly

The body shop even had a used one for $250 but after going back and forth, I decided to keep the look period correct by going with the short hood even though I hopefully will never use the wipers.

IMO, the long hood just does not look right on a chrome bumper car.

There, spoke my peace

Good luck and post some photos either way.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Well I lost period correct a long time ago with fuel injection and 17/18 wheels and C5 seats and so on so I figured why not go with the hood. That is why they make long and short hoods.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:03 PM
ED69ray
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
Well I lost period correct a long time ago with fuel injection and 17/18 wheels and C5 seats and so on so I figured why not go with the hood. That is why they make long and short hoods.
You have a point.........and guess what? My PIA wiper door assembly is giving me fits

Quick Reply: Going in for a little face lift