C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette V12?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:59 PM
l88rocket
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i could never swap a foreign engine into a domestic car esp a vette
Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

If you are thinking of putting turbo`s on the car go with twin turbos.
I have that on my 911 and the response of the turbos is quite fast
Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,732 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by l88rocket
I was gonna do a LS swap...but those engines are made in Canada.....

But the real shame is just about all the replacement parts for our cars come out of China....

Originally Posted by TheSaint
If you are thinking of putting turbo`s on the car go with twin turbos.
I have that on my 911 and the response of the turbos is quite fast
Two small turbos would be easier than one big one....especially w/ the way the engine is set up for the left and right bank. However, the engine is only 5 liters- so they wouldn't have to be that big.

Here's one w/ twin turbos...in a FFR Cobra!!!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
enkeivette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys keep talking about power, but I'm sure that V12 makes more power than an L48. This guy prob already had the motor or got a fantastic deal on it.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Happy New Year!!!

A big step forward as far as my progress.

Bolted the engine and transmission together- and looks as I have success. Now I just have to work out my Hydraulic clutch set up.

Last edited by Richard454; 08-22-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:42 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard454

But the real shame is just about all the replacement parts for our cars come out of China....
Can't believe I just what I just read
Old 01-02-2011, 08:14 AM
KanuckZ06
Instructor

Its a small world guys, it makes no difference if an engine is produced in Mexico, Canada or the USA, it was made in North America, its something we should all take pride in!

GM designs and produces componets world wide, thier products are found around the globe, all that expertice flows from Detroit, America & Americans should have great pride in those facts.

The Europeans have banded together and created the largest trading block in the world, they can travel and work in any country, they don't have to pay any import fees from one country to the next, they are way ahead of us in many ways.

GM is conducting business as the global corporation that they are, seeking the best product, for the best price possible.

Last edited by KanuckZ06; 01-02-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:54 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Not here in Norway because we are not a member of the EU and one of the richest countrys in the world.
I am real happy that we are not a member of the EU. Even that the fact we are not makes the cars expenshive.
Buy a Ferrari in Sweden lets say its 100 000 if you buy the same car in Norwy it is double that price, well almost double

EU is like a if you had that in the states a lot of Mexican workers can work legally in the US.Thats EU in a nutshell.

Originally Posted by KanuckZ06
Its a small world guys, it makes no difference if an engine is produced in Mexico, Canada or the USA, it was made in North America, its something we should all take pride in!

GM designs and produces componets world wide, thier products are found around the globe, all that expertice flows from Detroit, America & Americans should have great pride in those facts.

The Europeans have banded together and created the largest trading block in the world, they can travel and work in any country, they don't have to pay any import fees from one country to the next, they are way ahead of us in many ways.

GM is conducting business as the global corporation that they are, seeking the best product, for the best price possible.

Last edited by TheSaint; 01-02-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Roma
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Buy a Ferrari in Sweden lets say its 100 000 if you buy the same car in Norwy it is double that price, well almost double

EU is like a if you had that in the states a lot of Mexican workers can work legally in the US.Thats EU in a nutshell.
Sorry Saint,

but different Prices for same car in different countries has nothing to do with the EU, normally the difference makes Taxes ! and they are still different in the EU.

And if a Mexican has the correct Documents I think he is also allowed to work in the US (same as any other CountryCitizen). Same with the EU. I think you should do some homework before you criticize the EU.

PS: Yes not everything is good in the EU, but its New so it need some time to improve !
Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

If the US and Mexico had the same EU as you in Germany have the persions from Mexico would noot have to have papers to work in the US because it would be no need for papers if they had the same agrement as the EU.

i know quite a few person from the UK and they really wish they was not a member of the EU. As do some friends i have in Papenburg Germany.

But not i dont want to have a political discussion about this.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MotorHead
Can't believe I just what I just read
The comment about made 'in Canada' was "Tongue in Cheek"...

My wife is from Canada-and she sometimes doesn't get my sense of humor either!!!!

I did look at LS motors- but it's become fairly common place these days-LS engines are showing up in EVERYTHING. They ARE impressive!!!

However-I wanted to do something "out of the box" and totally different...and I think adding 4 MORE cylinders w/ an engine that was the pinnacle of technology in it day- placed in cars costing 100k+. The Mclaren F1 was a million-however, it used DOHC heads but the same block and bottom end. Not to mention the same basic block is used in the new BMW twin turbo 760LI.

Richard
Old 01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard454
The comment about made 'in Canada' was "Tongue in Cheek"...

My wife is from Canada-and she sometimes doesn't get my sense of humor either!!!!

I can understand why, I didn't see any traces of humour in it either. Subtlety is a difficult art to master.

If you want to see 'sacrilegious' engine swaps with unusual foreign made powerplants, have a look here:

http://www.ncrsquebec.com/events/jet.html
Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mike Ward
I can understand why, I didn't see any traces of humour in it either. Subtlety is a difficult art to master.

If you want to see 'sacrilegious' engine swaps with unusual foreign made powerplants, have a look here:

http://www.ncrsquebec.com/events/jet.html
I remember reading that article- especially the comment about it (Jetvette) leaving black marks all the way down the 1320...and darker patches where it had shifted!!!

"Subtlety is a difficult art to master" -
Old 01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you are doing a good job. I like it. Cannot wait to see and hear the finished project!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This would be really cool if you put a Ferrari kit on the chassis al la the McBurnie Spider. Then you'd really have people scratching their heads. /:\
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

context, gentlemen context...

I "got it" because the comment followed ....
originally Posted by l88rocket View Post

so? .... =

Personally, if I had a Jaguar V12 lying around, and I also had a pacecar with no engine, I still wouldn't put the V12 in the Pacecar. I would find someone who wanted the Jag V12 and find a monster V8 to throw in the vette, but that's just me. To each his own.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
ToddG
Instructor

i know quite a few person from the UK and they really wish they was not a member of the EU.
UK has never been a member of the EU.

c-ya
ToddG

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette V12?

Old 01-02-2011, 11:20 PM
roscobbc
Drifting

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ToddG

c-ya
ToddG
Not a 'official' member perhaps in as much as that the UK not part of the EU monetary policy and dosn't have the Euro. But as you say many here are less than happy about adopting full EU membership. Being told by faceless diplomats with their own personal agendas how to run your own country just makes you financially impotent. Ask someone in the UK, France or Germany how they feel about propping up the countries with ailing economies like Spain or Greece and some of the former 'fringe' countries (such as Turkey) that would never been thought of as part of Europe but are now being considered as a potential members. Ask them how their spending power with the Euro had significantly been reduced. Ask them how they feel about the huge salaries and expenses the MP's who represent them in the European parliament are justified. Ask them about the unaccounted corruption. Ask them about all the East European manual workers who undercut the local tradesmen. The EU is almost communism, but with a new, soft face. (rant over - )
The following users liked this post:
70LQ4 (02-26-2020)
Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 AM
ToddG
Instructor

Originally Posted by roscobbc
Not a 'official' member perhaps in as much as that the UK not part of the EU monetary policy and dosn't have the Euro. But as you say many here are less than happy about adopting full EU membership. Being told by faceless diplomats with their own personal agendas how to run your own country just makes you financially impotent. Ask someone in the UK, France or Germany how they feel about propping up the countries with ailing economies like Spain or Greece and some of the former 'fringe' countries (such as Turkey) that would never been thought of as part of Europe but are now being considered as a potential members. Ask them how their spending power with the Euro had significantly been reduced. Ask them how they feel about the huge salaries and expenses the MP's who represent them in the European parliament are justified. Ask them about the unaccounted corruption. Ask them about all the East European manual workers who undercut the local tradesmen. The EU is almost communism, but with a new, soft face. (rant over - )
No need to ask. I lived in Germany for 25 years. While the wall was there, after the wall came down and from one day to the next it went from the deutsch mark to the euro. As for for statement of east workers cutting the local tradesmen,,,,,hmmm I wonder who hired those workers. I never said I approved. I only stated a fact that the UK is not a member. If just a few words were changed in your statement you could almost be talking about a number 1 power...no rant here. An observation.
c-ya
ToddG
Old 01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Belgian1979vette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ToddG

c-ya
ToddG
Wrong

Quick Reply: Corvette V12?