C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998-2000 ABS/EBCM Failure; Possible Sollution!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 PM
sts57c5
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sts57c5
Well I have a 2000 corvette and for the last couple of weeks I have been getting message service active handling and traction control . Yesterday while drive my corvette I got up to forty miles and stomped my brakes and the message popped up I think it said traction and since then I stopped getting the message . I will update if I get the pop up warnings again . I drove several times today and no message .
Update today drive today twice no warning lights
Old 01-27-2020, 11:06 AM
polyforge
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What?

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Why should GM pay good money to redesign a 12 year old car? No other company would do that so don't think you can jump to some other one. By the way nobody else makes anything to compete with the car you have so good luck finding that company.

Bill
All GM has to do is release the electric diagrams and component lists to an after market company. Some EE can make a nice living off of GM's stupidity.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by polyforge
All GM has to do is release the electric diagrams and component lists to an after market company. Some EE can make a nice living off of GM's stupidity.
Up until the first accident. It doesn't matter if it is his parts fault or not, he could kiss everything he has goodbye just representing himself in court for the case. This is why nobody has tackled the early one, it is not just relays that go bad on those.

Quick Reply: 1998-2000 ABS/EBCM Failure; Possible Sollution!