C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mp3 cd

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy272
These are the setting I used. Not sure were the (iirc) option is on my version of Media Player.

Mark
(iirc) = If I recall correctly

Instead of M3U I have mine set to WPL in the data disk section.

Do not convert is selected.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
footba4672
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
It appears that IMGBurn only burns audio discs, not MP3 discs. It will use mp3 files as a source but decode them before burning only allowing 80 minutes max per disc. An mp3 disc can contain over 50 hours of files.

I get 100-150 MP3 songs on a CD with IMGBURN.The disc is only limited by the amount of MB used. Please tell me how u get over 50 hrs of music on an CD
Old 05-25-2009, 11:20 PM
RedHotC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. I know I'm behind in the MP3 times. I have over 400 songs on ITunes and I want to put them on a MP3 disk. I would like the song titles etc. I have been able to move to a audio CD the take that audio CD and then burn to a MP3 but loose the song titles.

HELP...

Dummy looking for step by step
Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 AM
08VRZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

I drive rentals often and take MP3s that I have made for the Corvette and none have failed as far as I can tell. Some of the requirements I talk about here are obscure enough that some people might not notice (vbr leaving an extra 2 seconds of silence or cutting off 1/2 a second early, one long named song out of 100 missing, etc.) I would expect an MP3 that works in the Corvette nav unit will work almost anywhere.

In my experience the Corvette nav is the pickiest to get working. Once you learn the tricks they are easy to create and work perfectly but the learning curve to get the first one burned correctly can be steep. It is a very similar situation to using the nav for navigation. Some people hate it because they have never taken to time to figure out how it works. Others love it because they don't have any problems at all.

Before you buy a program, ITunes will work but I found it very difficult to get the desired folders and play order. It can be done but it is hard. I am burning a disc with Media Monkey at this moment and it was easier than ITunes to organize. I'll be back in a little while and let you know if it works in the nav.

EDIT! IT WORKS! Media Monkey created a disc that worked. I still used ID3TagIt and A.F.5 to massage the files first and you need to create your own directory structure but it worked! The magic incantation to get the right directory structure was, after starting to burn, the "disc format" should be "<folder:2>\<filename:25>" were "2" is the number of parent directories to ignore before creating directories on the CD. I used 2 because I had C:\erase\test\1, C:\erase\test\2, etc. and I wanted just directory 1, 2, etc. on the CD. I burned 84 songs (about half the disc) and, so far, I haven't found an error.

Media Monkey

P.S. I'm not saying Media Monkey is the best. I still prefer Nero. Media Monkey, like ITunes is over kill and too complex just to burn discs but it does work and it is a free download. You can purchase a Gold version that burns discs faster (among other things).
Thanks I'll give it a try!!

Mark
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Use iTunes software - Burn with Data CD selection

Originally Posted by jm4471
I have 07 Z06 with stock NAVI and trying to make mp3 file cd, but I cant help me out here
VERY EASY - I used to use Nero (had to make sure every song was less than 52 chars) but iTunes works PERFECT!

All you do is burn your CD with iTunes burner - very important - SELECT DATA cd burning and use 16x speed.

PERFECT - all the songs will appear on your touch screen with artist name, song etc completely spaced and playing perfectly.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Bonez
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM
wbear
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

I use Nero ver 6.x, making sure the file name is the right length and burn the MP3's as a data CD. Works perfect in my 07 nav.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wbear
I use Nero ver 6.x, making sure the file name is the right length and burn the MP3's as a data CD. Works perfect in my 07 nav.
Try iTunes, its better for burning cd's for the Vette, can have as many characters and symbols in song titles as you want. Nero is great but iTunes is better for the Vette.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

We really need to put FortMorganAl's info in the FAQ as he is always a big help and it seems crazy for him to have to keep typing things again and again...
Old 05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
wbear
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TBonez
Try iTunes, its better for burning cd's for the Vette, can have as many characters and symbols in song titles as you want. Nero is great but iTunes is better for the Vette.
Ok sounds great but I see its 70mb and pretty invasive. I don't have an Ipod, don't need to go to the apple store, don't need it as a music or video player etc, etc.

Is there any way to install just the burner application with out all the bloatware I don't need?

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
DJ-LO
Burning Brakes

I have a 2005 (no NAV system) and my MP3's play flawlessly. I also DJ so I make up to 80min. mix's (MP3), using audio equipment, burn them onto my hard drive (laptop) @ 128bits, then burn them again (up to 9, 80min. mix's) onto Audio CD. They play just fine and ound great in my vette since I'm using digital equipment to DJ with (Serato)in my vette. I use WMA on my laptop and I've never had any problems with formatting or downloading musc from my system. I think you really have to make sure you use "Audio" or "Music" CD's. The "Data" and "All Source" CD's have never worked for me musically so I don't even waste anymore time/money with them.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
RedHotC6
Racer

OK,

I tried to move my Play list from Itunes to a Data CD for use in my 08 Nav Corvette... It says not a Vailed CD. What am I doing wrong.

Only 99 songs just over 6 hours of music and will not work.

HELP ME PLEASE...:wi lly:

This is
Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
RedHotC6
Racer

Originally Posted by TBonez
Tryed still not working..
Old 05-26-2009, 05:49 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I wouldn't install I-Tunes on a windows PC unless I had an Ipod and then its required. The program was made for a Mac and has always had problems with Windows. It is bloated, complicated and invasive.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Rule292
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Yes, playing for a while and skipping to the next track is a symptom of VBR and files with a large dynamic range. You need L.A.M.E. http://lame.sourceforge.net/ to easily convert from VBR to a fixed rate. Unfortunately, because of patent restrictions, it is difficult to obtain. The link above is to the computer source code and you would need to compile the program from that source code which is above the capabilities of most users. There are programmers who will risk the ire of the patent attorneys and post lame.dll (sometimes also called lame_enc.dll) which is the compiled file that you need. Try Google. Be very careful where you download this file since you are downloading a program which could contain a virus...
If they'd have written it in 370 Assembler there'd never be any virus risk!
Old 05-26-2009, 06:29 PM
RedHotC6
Racer

Originally Posted by cclive
I wouldn't install I-Tunes on a windows PC unless I had an Ipod and then its required. The program was made for a Mac and has always had problems with Windows. It is bloated, complicated and invasive.
I have a Iphone and my kids have Ipods.. We have over 1000 songs and I can not get them to make a MP3 CD that will work in my Vette.

WTF...

Is there a ITunes person on the form that can tell me how to get this done..

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
wbear
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cclive
That's what I figured. Thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 PM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RedHotC6
I have a Iphone and my kids have Ipods.. We have over 1000 songs and I can not get them to make a MP3 CD that will work in my Vette.

WTF...

Is there a ITunes person on the form that can tell me how to get this done..

Thanks.

Use iTunes - create a playlist of the songs you want to burn. Put a blank recordable CD in your drive. Lower right corner of the screen you will see a burn button. Click that and make sure you select burn DATA disk. This will put your music in data format on the CD. When done put the CD in your Vette and it will recognize all the music perfectly.

Get notified of new replies

To Mp3 cd

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 PM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RedHotC6
OK,

I tried to move my Play list from Itunes to a Data CD for use in my 08 Nav Corvette... It says not a Vailed CD. What am I doing wrong.

Only 99 songs just over 6 hours of music and will not work.

HELP ME PLEASE...:wi lly:

This is
Make sure you have a blank recordable CD in the drive, the one your using might be defective or damaged.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:01 PM
low c1500
Instructor

I just tried using Itunes with the directions posted here, and it worked great. Didin't have to change any titles or anything at all.

I had previously givin up trying to burn MP3 cd's.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 PM
slvr76
Pro

Quick Reply: Mp3 cd