C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RaceLogic Traction Control?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:56 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Sandman93
Is there really any difference between our "stock" TC vs. Racelogic TC??? Not many vids out there and the ones I do see look just like our stock TC...????
Watch any of the LG World Challenge in-car video's from 2005 up (I believe that is when it went on) and it will have it on there.

http://www.lgmracing.com/lgm-msr05test.wmv

Should even show the launch control at the end of the test.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
UncleRobb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Racelogic Traction Control installed in my 2008 C6 Coupe. However, there still are some issues. I will report the details later.
One problem is that the speed displayed by the RLTC software is some 15 % too high. The module is connected to the ABS sensors. Perhaps I am using the wrong number for the Pulses Per Revolution entry that we set to 40. Can somebody confirm this no. or give me the right one.

Thanks, Robert
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 AM
jayzelazo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had this system on my C6Z since 2009 and have had nothing but issues.

But I don't think it's the racelogic control module itself.

I am using the recommended amplifiers that increase the signal strength of the wheel speed/ABS sensors (I was told this was a requirement when I bought the system from LG).

Intially, it seemed to work fine. However, soon after it would start to cut out all the time. I have the digital unit and I can monitor the wheel speed inputs. The problems is that the wheel speed signals seem to periodically not work, as the digital readout will read 0mph on one or more wheels when the car is misfiring.

Initially I thought it was a problem with one of the amplifiers, but i put a new one in and the problem was the same. The wiring at the ABS module that you have to tap into is somewhat hard to get to, but I have checked all the wiring and there are no loose connections.

The actually GM sensors seem to be working as when the racelogic is off, there is never any problems with the factory traction control/stability control/ABS working.

The strangest issue is that the misfiring problem/no wheel speed input is periodic but seems to be worse when the car is cold. After driving around quite a bit, the problem seems to go away. But because the whole reason I put this in was for autocross, it makes it useless as if it misfires at the beginning of a run, the run is shot. For autocross I need it to work 100% of the time.

I have considered installing the actual racelogic wheel speed sensors into the hubs and bypass taping into the stock sensors, but that does not appear to be a simple task.

I too noticed the speeds displayed on the racelogic were about 15% too high when I put in the actual tire diameters. To compensate I just adjusted the tire diameters until the displayed speeds matched by speedometer speed.

Quick Reply: RaceLogic Traction Control?