C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COW Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 11:56 AM
Isaiah48
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default COW Help

Has anyone heard from or know if Chuck from Corvettes of Winchester is off the grid or something, I sent him my ECM, HPTuner module and cable for his COW Booster to be adjusted about a month ago upon his request and haven't heard back since, it was supposed to only take a couple days. I've called almost everyday for the last few weeks, sent emails, texts, messages through on here and nothing...

I'm posting this here because this is where I've seen him on the Forum the most. Any help in contacting him would be appreciated! I live in Virginia, so driving to his shop to see what's up is a little far or I would just go there instead of posting here. I'm out of options at this point beside doing this through the court system and I'd hate to do that if there is a real health issue or something and he cant physically return my calls...

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-19-2019, 12:33 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

He's behaved strangely in the past.....

Old 07-19-2019, 01:49 PM
TOM WELCH
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

still does...
Old 07-19-2019, 02:19 PM
Timothy H
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I sent him an email this week. The auto response was he had hurt his hand. IDK
Old 07-19-2019, 05:39 PM
Isaiah48
Burning Brakes

Default Drive by

Does anyone live near his shop that can look into it.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:46 PM
Isaiah48
Burning Brakes

Default Sent Email

Originally Posted by Timothy H
I sent him an email this week. The auto response was he had hurt his hand. IDK
Well I hate to hear about anyone ever getting hurt, but at least there's a chance he's not just dodging me...
Old 07-21-2019, 11:02 AM
Isaiah48
Burning Brakes

Default COW Help

Does anyone know anything other than he hurt his hand? I need help, I'm about to loose another summer without the Vette, I've been dealing with this issue since last July, when I initially bought the ecu from him. I think a year to work through issues with the COW booster is ridiculous.

I was hoping to get a reply to this as a last ditch effort before more serious measures need to be taken...

Last edited by Isaiah48; 07-21-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Linc99
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent him an email 6/29 regarding a mid June booster order and received a prompt reply along with 3 photos of the hand injury which had occurred about 10 days prior. Injury looks legit but hopefully hand should be usable by now. Still waiting for my Booster! I'm doing it on an exchange basis so I can still drive the car.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:39 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

i am a personal friend of chuck, he did hurt is hand pretty badly. sorry guys, i will let him know you guys are looking to speak with him, although im sure he knows. hes a good guy in a sucky situation.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:10 AM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

We've seen a similar scenario with Pfadt, Maryland Speed, Double D Mods, and others. After unfulfilled orders stack up the vendor goes silent for a while. Then they resurface with an excuse - health, family, etc. - but orders still go unfulfilled. Shortly afterwards they disappear for good with customers money. Hopefully not the case here, but you might want to do whatever it takes to get your money and/or parts back asap.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Isaiah48
Burning Brakes

Default Thats what Im worried about

Originally Posted by wjnjr
We've seen a similar scenario with Pfadt, Maryland Speed, Double D Mods, and others. After unfulfilled orders stack up the vendor goes silent for a while. Then they resurface with an excuse - health, family, etc. - but orders still go unfulfilled. Shortly afterwards they disappear for good with customers money. Hopefully not the case here, but you might want to do whatever it takes to get your money and/or parts back asap.
That's exactly what I'm worried about, being so far away its hard to read the situation accurately, I don't want to be an *** and put more on him with legal problems with all the problems he's obviously already going through, but I also don't want to get screwed and I want to drive my car this year...
Old 07-22-2019, 06:28 PM
pyrodav
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaiah48
That's exactly what I'm worried about, being so far away its hard to read the situation accurately, I don't want to be an *** and put more on him with legal problems with all the problems he's obviously already going through, but I also don't want to get screwed and I want to drive my car this year...
A call to the State Attorney Generals office is in order. I had to take this action when I had a set of wheels that never showed up. They miraculously showed up then. If Mr. COW is a fair man then he would understand your actions to keep him honest with your money and time.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:14 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Don't know Chuck, never done business with Chuck...but over the last several years, I've seen this type of thread pop up for him more than once. Crickets, crickets...and then he's back. Never hear anything bad about his products though.

Seems like he always surfaces sooner or later. Good, bad, or indifferent...it appears to be his MO.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,312 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaiah48
You are not being an ***, he is. Not the first shady dealings I have heard about from CoW. Definitely time to get serious.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:27 PM
pyrodav
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by erikszr1
i am a personal friend of chuck, he did hurt is hand pretty badly. sorry guys, i will let him know you guys are looking to speak with him, although im sure he knows. hes a good guy in a sucky situation.
Have you had a chance to speak with him?
Old 07-23-2019, 03:51 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Recent pictures of CoW from two months ago. The address and phone number on the sign may help you get in touch.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:25 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Dont forget to add Florida Speed and Power with owner Matt Sorian to this list.

I think last year COW said he hurt his back and was on pain medication for why he couldnt get back to people. Doesnt he have employees

Get notified of new replies

To COW Help

Old 07-24-2019, 09:53 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

New post in C7 General today with a thumbs up for CoW, doesn't say "when" he had his experience.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...stchester.html
Old 07-25-2019, 01:18 PM
Isaiah48
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RicK T
New post in C7 General today with a thumbs up for CoW, doesn't say "when" he had his experience.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...stchester.html
Thanks , I just posted in the thread asking when he had the work done and that I've been trying to contact him...
Old 07-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Isaiah48
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the pic, it has the same number as I have been using to no avail...

Quick Reply: COW Help