Corvette MSRPs Jump Only $50 for 2018
2018 Corvettes will include plenty of enhanced features, but the MSRPs are basically staying put.
Earlier this week, General Motors announced a newly available “Carbon 65” edition for 2018 Chevy Corvettes, as well as pricing for the entire 2018 Corvette lineup. While the 65th anniversary version of the venerable ‘Vette got the glory, the other big news is that Chevy will bump the base MSRPs for the Stingray, Grand Sport, and Z06 models by only $50. We’re not economists here, but we feel pretty comfortable saying that’s easily under the annual inflation rate, and that the Corvette is still a great value in performance-per-dollars.
If you’re curious about the MSRP for each model, the Stingray will start at $55,495 for the Coupe, while a Convertible begins at $59,495. The Grand Sport will cost an additional $10,000, with an MSRP of $65,495 for the Coupe and $69,495 for the Convertible. The Z06 begins at $79,495 for the Coupe and $83,495 for a Convertible. Those prices include neither the $995 destination fee nor any options packages, the prices of which have yet to be released.
The Carbon 65 edition is available for Grand Sport 3LT and Z06 3LZ trims and includes a number of carbon-fiber elements on the interior and exterior, along with Ceramic Matrix Gray exterior. The package will cost $15,000, in addition to the cost of the top trim Grand Sport or Z06. Chevy will build only 650 of these cars.
CHECK OUT: What Forum Members Are Saying About the 2018s
Here’s a short rundown of the new features available for 2018 Corvettes:
- HD digital radio is standard
- Available Performance Data Recorder
- Improved rear-view camera with higher resolution and wider angle
- Enhanced Head-Up Display rotation setting
- Ceramic Matrix Gray replaces Sterling Blue in the exterior color palette
- Available Spice Red convertible top
- Available Spice Red interior on 3LT and 3LZ trims
- Available jet black suede-wrapped interior with carbon-fiber-rimmed steering wheel and gloss carbon-fiber interior trim
- New interior color stitching packages (red/yellow/blue) on 3LT and 3LZ trims
- An extra inch on the front and rear wheel sized up to 19″ (front) and 20″ (rear) with summer tires and five new wheel options
- Magnetic Ride Control as a standalone option
- Revised interior colors breakup for the 2LT trim
Corvette Grand Sport
- Available ceramic brakes without the Z07 Performance Package
- Available satin black center stripe with the Heritage Package
- Revised interior color breakup on 2LT trim
- New wheel choices are Black Z06 wheel with yellow stripe and Pearl Nickel Blade design
- Available Gray interior