Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well...Im Alive

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
TERRY CLARK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry Man, just glad that leg is going home with you !
Old 06-30-2011, 02:30 PM
golfradict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow sorry to hear, hope you get back on your feet soon. Hey, we are planning a four night vacation to Atlanta next month.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:14 PM
dry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident, sounds like you were very lucky!

Our prayers are with you and your family......
Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

you are very lucky brother but that's obvious. Glad things are seemingly getting better for you. Take care of yourself

Terry
Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rugerm44
Glad your still among the living.I'm not sadistic but do have you pictures of the damage.I understand if your not up to it.Hang in there.
Apparently the doc had pics of it I am trying to get some
Old 06-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Frank.luvstingrays
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that must have been some accident...
Thank God you survived the crash!! I will say a prayer for you to get well soon..
Peace
Frank
Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Dose11
Drifting

I probably won't see the car again ...My doctor should come in tomorrow to hopefully discharge me. But my leg was so destroyed they had to take muscle from my Cal and stretch it and wrap it around my shin because I was missing soon much tissue and muscle and my bone was , and then they did a skin graft and took my skin from my thigh and put it over the stretchedmucle. So with that being said..I can't even put my leg in vertical position for 3 more weeks. That's my only timeframe for now...then I get to learn to walk again. So I can't go anywherenfor a while...but I wanna go see my car
Old 06-30-2011, 10:31 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Dose11
I probably won't see the car again ...My doctor should come in tomorrow to hopefully discharge me. But my leg was so destroyed they had to take muscle from my Cal and stretch it and wrap it around my shin because I was missing soon much tissue and muscle and my bone was , and then they did a skin graft and took my skin from my thigh and put it over the stretchedmucle. So with that being said..I can't even put my leg in vertical position for 3 more weeks. That's my only timeframe for now...then I get to learn to walk again. So I can't go anywherenfor a while...but I wanna go see my car
Yeah, you're gonna wanna have pics of the car, before and after, for when you are "telling the tale" later on in life. One suggestion: Change "hydroplaned" to "running from the cops". it makes the story sound alot more exiting.

Dose, if you forget everything else you have heard on this forum, remember this, because it is the voice of bitter experience talking to you: While dealing with the physical therapy that's ahead of you, try to view the pain as weakness leaving your body. Also, remember: Suffering builds character. You're gonna be just fine.

Scott
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Dose11
Drifting

[QUOTE=scottyp99;157801946

Dose, if you forget everything else you have heard on this forum, remember this, because it is the voice of bitter experience talking to you: While dealing with the physical therapy that's ahead of you, try to view the pain as weakness leaving your body. Also, remember: Suffering builds character. You're gonna be just fine.

Scott[/QUOTE]

LoL...I've had enough pain and character. I have sickle cell anemia, so pain has been a constant in my life...I also have avascular necrosis of both hips....which I am sure will feel worse now that I will be walking on metal rods.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:15 AM
KevinG
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad that you are ok. Your C3 gave its life to save yours.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 AM
jimo
Drifting

glad your ok, you can always get another vette, you carnt get another life!!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 AM
BrianP
Advanced

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how excited you were about getting the car and I was happy to pass it along to someone so enthusiastic.

The bottom line is you're safe, although a bit banged up. I have faith you will recover fully and be back in the saddle soon.

You are in our prayers.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 AM
THefley
Instructor

Originally Posted by Clubby99
Enough about you. How is your Vette. Dead? Any pics?
Wow how insensitive!

ok Kidding I wanted to know the same thing.

Ps. Glad to hear your alive
Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 AM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I have a question about insurance. Did you have collector car insurance on the car or regular insurance? What are they doing about paying for the hospital bills?

I'm sure you're nowhere near ready to even think about all that stuff, but I bet a lot of people are wondering. Insurance comes up here a lot, but no one really has any experience with it after getting the policy.

I'm curious because I have regular insurance on mine right now, I need to talk to my insurance company about a agreed value policy.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
THefley
Instructor

Originally Posted by qwank
I have a question about insurance. Did you have collector car insurance on the car or regular insurance? What are they doing about paying for the hospital bills?

I'm sure you're nowhere near ready to even think about all that stuff, but I bet a lot of people are wondering. Insurance comes up here a lot, but no one really has any experience with it after getting the policy.

I'm curious because I have regular insurance on mine right now, I need to talk to my insurance company about a agreed value policy.
brings up a good point, I am also with just regular full coverage insurance and now hearing this I think I should be looking into it too
Old 07-01-2011, 05:28 PM
KTKelly
Burning Brakes

Well he**!

A true Vette lover would have jumped out and taken some pictures just prior to kicking the offending car that ran into his car (then promptly passed out)...

Good to know that although your Vette bit the dust, you are going to be here to drive a Vette another day.

P.S.

I agree, the story needs to become more exciting. "As I was being chased by a band of mad Mustang owners" sort of thing....
Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Dose11
LoL...I've had enough pain and character. I have sickle cell anemia, so pain has been a constant in my life...I also have avascular necrosis of both hips....which I am sure will feel worse now that I will be walking on metal rods.
OK, I have my "To do" list out,......let me see........oh, here it is......."Stop giving Dose11 advice on how to deal with pain, he has seen more of it than I ever will" OK, let's check that off the list right now! Done and done!

Seriously, good luck and keep us up to date, OK? See ya,

Scott

Get notified of new replies

To well...Im Alive

Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Imo Apita
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Good luck with your recovery.
I just switched my tires from the Firestones to Yokohama's, since yesterday I can officially state that the Yoko's suck donkey d@ck in the rain......
Old 07-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Default Update with pics (not for weak stomachs)

Didn't want to shock anyone
Old 07-03-2011, 05:26 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks both like you did a massive amount of surface damage in addition to bones but that your surgeons have done amazing things. Presumably they have you on a routine at home with home health care nursing checking you. It's fortunate if it was going to happen that this happened to you now instead of 30 years ago. Your prognosis with that leg might be quite different.

Given the experiences where I've had two hips replaced and in one day both knees replaced I can attest that they do amazing things nowadays.

Good luck and do whatever they tell you. Good that you are home. I'd be willing to bet that your Vette doesn't look as good as your leg. Lucky man!

Lance

Quick Reply: well...Im Alive