Sponsored by:

Got Pulled Over

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Weck86
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by raydawg357
I feel your pain brother. We are required 2 plates in Texas as well. I ran only one for years. I kept receiving verbal warnings and chose to ignore them. Finally one LEO gave me a written warning, so I decided to do the right thing. The reasoning behind needing a front plate is simply idiotic. Try reading the front plate of vehicle approaching you.
That's not why they want the front plate: It's a target for their 'speed enforcement' devices. The Corvette is pretty stealthy to radar and laser devices and a casual shot from one can sometimes miss, but that front plate, boy oh boy, does it reflect real good. JMHO
Old 12-17-2015, 04:07 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have time to go through this entire thread right now but i can tell you of you just go into the courthouse the judge will ask you If you've put it on. Try to show the SA the picture and he won't even look. I can also tell you certain, but very few cops have a hard on for a front plate. in 8 plus years I've been popped once in my vette and the judge just threw it out when I went to court and I told him it was on. I've gotten this ticket on other cars and the same procedure holds true. Wifey is a LEO in this area and she and most others use it as pc to execute a traffic stop and nothing more. If you're an *** you better believe you're getting that ticket but the courteous ones just go on their way 95% of the time. IMO just leave it off and go to court. If it becomes a recurring problem consider putting it on.

Last edited by T_Vert; 12-17-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:24 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sparky, no front place is an equipment violation not a moving violation no matter which way he spun it. Was this a cool county sheriff, ISP our local? Traffic school will keep it off your record as well as supervision which most judges give theses days unless you're a continual offender.

Originally Posted by sparky1340
Well I'm surprised to see so many responses to my original post. I initially wrote it in a flurry of anguish. Being the end of the month I felt I was ticketed because they hadn't met their quota,. The LEO even stated if I wanted to dispute the ticket, which they considered a moving violation, I could contact his brother-in-law attorney. The cashier at the police station said if I wanted it deleted from my record that would be another $65.00. All in all I'm over the anger and I still think my C5 is the most beautifully designed car. Plate or no plate. "DONE"
Old 12-17-2015, 08:05 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Lots of states do not require them. When I moved from Maryland to WV, the first thing I did to celebrate was put the front plate filler panel into place.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:54 PM
baileysade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky1340
Was wondering how many of you C5 and C6 owners have a front license plate. Apparently in Illinois it's mandatory. I have a '99 and just got a $75.00 ticket and have to take a picture of installed plate to show judge
OUCH !!
Since '97 (15 years ago),I don't recall seeing even ONE. Lucky me.
Was actually going under the limit and making a turn in lots of traffic at the time.
Plateless in Illinois.
Whew ! After residing in Wheaton Ill for five years, happy now to be in Georgia --No such hassles !

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over