C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welp, pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 08:26 AM
samwint77
Pro

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts

My baby is back together and running. After some initial tunning he took me for a ride. Oh boy, cant wait to have her back. The cup 2 tires aint working though. I'll need something more stout. Wound up just doing the maggy with the 95mm pulley, long tube headers and x pipe. Should have her back tomorrow after he completes the tunning. He told me the kit is very well engineered.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:29 AM
samwint77
Pro

Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by samwint77
Dyno numbers? I am curious how much boost with the headers.

Congrats!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:28 PM
samwint77
Pro

Originally Posted by hogurt

Dyno numbers? I am curious how much boost with the headers.

Congrats!
The computer said 6 psi. Its on the dyno now getting tuned. Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have some numbers.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:03 AM
samwint77
Pro

Morning guys,
So the numbers are in. A little short of what I was hoping for, but Its ok. It dyno'd at 521 whp / 556 wtq on 6.5 lbs of boost. I need to get a smaller pulley for sure. I'll go down to the 90mm instead of the 95mm. Car really sounds great. Love how it can sound so aggressive with the baffles open, but sound really quiet with them closed. The cars mannerisms are nice. Normal driving, the car doesn't feel like anything is done until you push the throttle a little. Car doesn't hook at all in first gear, but when it hooks in second, holy crap! So fun to drive. I need to find a good set of tires before I go up in HP. Next step after the tires is a voltage booster and 90mm pulley.

Last edited by samwint77; 01-23-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Morning guys,
So the numbers are in. A little short of what I was hoping for, but Its ok. It dyno'd at 521 whp / 556 wtq on 6.5 lbs of boost. I need to get a smaller pulley for sure. I'll go down to the 90mm instead of the 95mm. Car really sounds great. Love how it can sound so aggressive with the baffles open, but sound really quiet with them closed. The cars mannerisms are nice. Normal driving, the car doesn't feel like anything is done until you push the throttle a little. Car doesn't hook at all in first gear, but when it hooks in second, holy crap! So fun to drive. I need to find a good set of tires before I go up in HP. Next step after the tires is a voltage booster and 90mm pulley.
I wonder if its possible to control boost by gear that you are in. No reason to have full boost in 1st. Maybe a little more in second..etc. What kind of power are you looking for? Did you mean you ended up not doing any fuel upgrades, bottom end stuff, etc?

Last edited by spinkick; 01-23-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:56 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Morning guys,
Nice man! Glad the install went well! We spoke at the shop a few weeks ago, I’ve got the black C6z that Nick did. Get some tires and it’ll be more fun! We’ve got some rolls lined up for Friday or Saturday if your interested or available, or if you just wanna see how it stacks up I’ll probably stop by the shop Thursday or Friday as well. Glad it turned out good man! Nick is good ****! All the guys @Boosted Innovations have impressed me!🇺🇸
Old 01-23-2019, 12:46 PM
samwint77
Pro

Originally Posted by 73DBG

Is this the GS @ Boosted Innovations with the ZR1 wheels?
Yes sir, thats the one
Old 01-23-2019, 12:55 PM
samwint77
Pro

Originally Posted by spinkick
I wonder if its possible to control boost by gear that you are in. No reason to have full boost in 1st. Maybe a little more in second..etc. What kind of power are you looking for? Did you mean you ended up not doing any fuel upgrades, bottom end stuff, etc?
I don't think it is with that charger, youd have to have like a procharge I series. I was hoping to get just under 600 at the wheels to keep the bottom end safe. The fuel is good for now, but was told it runs out about 570 whp. My guy said the high side was good, but the low side may have need some attention if we go much more. I'm planning on building the bottom end next, we'll after I change the pulley and add a voltage booster.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:59 PM
samwint77
Pro

Nice man! Glad the install went well! We spoke at the shop a few weeks ago, I’ve got the black C6z that Nick did. Get some tires and it’ll be more fun! We’ve got some rolls lined up for Friday or Saturday if your interested or available, or if you just wanna see how it stacks up I’ll probably stop by the shop Thursday or Friday as well. Glad it turned out good man! Nick is good ****! All the guys @Boosted Innovations have impressed me!🇺🇸
Oh yeah man, how's it going? That monster you have is crazy. I'll have to check and see whats happening friday. I'd like to see what she does.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:03 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Oh yeah man, how's it going? That monster you have is crazy. I'll have to check and see whats happening friday. I'd like to see what she does.
PM sent
Old 01-23-2019, 11:02 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Something is off with those numbers. It makes sense that your boost dropped some with headers. Normally the 95mm pulley will see 7-8psi and will be in the 550-600whp without headers.

Was the dyno run in 5th or 6th? If 5th, that explains it. You would have 20-25whp more with a dyno in the 1:1 gear 6th.

Last edited by hogurt; 01-23-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:49 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by hogurt
Something is off with those numbers. It makes sense that your boost dropped some with headers. Normally the 95mm pulley will see 7-8psi and will be in the 550-600whp without headers.

Was the dyno run in 5th or 6th? If 5th, that explains it. You would have 20-25whp more with a dyno in the 1:1 gear 6th.
I don’t know enough about the C7’s or PD blowers honestly but I did think it was a little low at first glance probably around the 20-25whp your suggesting. I do know the shop though they did my C6z, their dyno is known to be “stingy” but I usually take those comments with skepticism, that being said my car made a good bit of power on the same dyno and they can tune LS/LT that’s for damn sure! Crazy the 1:1 gear is 6th! Mine is 4th, Sam if you throw up the dyno graphs some of these questions can be answered. I also know Nick will play it safe unless you push him hard(I don’t recommend that honestly) so if he saw something he didn’t like he could have had the runs pulled at a little lower RPM, would need to see the graph though to tell.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:53 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

It’s just a dyno number..... don’t chase a dyno number. If the car is running strong and is tuned properly and you fee confortible with the end result.

Dont chase a dyno number.....

Last edited by C7&7; 01-24-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:36 AM
samwint77
Pro

I don’t know enough about the C7’s or PD blowers honestly but I did think it was a little low at first glance probably around the 20-25whp your suggesting. I do know the shop though they did my C6z, their dyno is known to be “stingy” but I usually take those comments with skepticism, that being said my car made a good bit of power on the same dyno and they can tune LS/LT that’s for damn sure! Crazy the 1:1 gear is 6th! Mine is 4th, Sam if you throw up the dyno graphs some of these questions can be answered. I also know Nick will play it safe unless you push him hard(I don’t recommend that honestly) so if he saw something he didn’t like he could have had the runs pulled at a little lower RPM, would need to see the graph though to tell.
Unfortunately he didn't take a still hpoto of the dynograph, only a video. He said he could sqeeze another 20 hp out of it probably, but didn't feel good about it. I'm very happy with the car. One thing to mention is my cars hp was on the low end when we did the baseline on it. It had 371 whp / 386 wtq. I have to admit, now I have the bug. lol
Old 01-24-2019, 07:37 AM
samwint77
Pro

Originally Posted by C7&7
It’s just a dyno number..... don’t chase a dyno number. If the car is running strong and is tuned properly and you fee confortible with the end result.

Dont chase a dyno number.....
I agree C7&7, I just care about the cars reliability and performance.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:10 AM
hogurt
Drifting

I agree C7&7, I just care about the cars reliability and performance.
my point is that if you have an A8, the next 1:1 gear is 6th. Many shops don’t like running into the 180mph range on a dyno so they run in something less. However, running in a lower gear makes HP look much lower. It’s not a big deal other than to compare apples to apples.

If they ran the dyno in 4th then your number absolutely makes sense. Just for peace of mind, I would think about taking it to another dyno if something is convenient and let them know you need to run the A8 in 6th. Then you will know and be able to compare apples to apples. The other option which is even better, get to the quarter mile track and see how it does. With decent traction you should be running 10’s at about 130mph.

As for the question about controlling boost...no. It doesn’t work that way. With a turbo that is an option. With the PD blowers (Maggie, Whipple, Lt4), power is instant, like a much bigger cubic inch motor and just pulls all the way. Full boost from start to finish. This also results in more power under the curve and is why th PD blowers have an advantage especially at lower boost levels where traction is pretty easy to control.

The centri blowers build boost with RPM, so while they peak at really high HP, they show much less torque throughout the powerband. For these cars, if you can match up the converter to the powerband then it’s basically a wash since you can stay in the high RPM’s...after that point, it’s just a matter of who wants to spend more.

Centri’s, specifically the F1 Procharger have long been at the head of the pack for built track cars. I suspect this year will be different given the number of 2650 PD’s finally being released.

Last edited by hogurt; 01-24-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Welp, pulled the trigger

Old 01-24-2019, 12:29 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Unfortunately he didn't take a still hpoto of the dynograph, only a video. He said he could sqeeze another 20 hp out of it probably, but didn't feel good about it. I'm very happy with the car. One thing to mention is my cars hp was on the low end when we did the baseline on it. It had 371 whp / 386 wtq. I have to admit, now I have the bug. lol
My car I believe was about that for power too. I'm really considering the maggie. I wonder if I could install it myself along with my header tune that I have now, and drive it to a tuner without hurting things?
Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM
samwint77
Pro

Originally Posted by spinkick
My car I believe was about that for power too. I'm really considering the maggie. I wonder if I could install it myself along with my header tune that I have now, and drive it to a tuner without hurting things?
The car wouldn't stay running after the maggy was installed until he hooked up to it. I didn't have a header tune before though, and I don't remember what he changed to get it running, but it didn't take long for him to get it right.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:41 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Hmm, a tuner told me that I should be able to install it myself and it will run and be fine to take it easy to drive it to the shop a few hours away..

So, you've had it for a while, how is it it? Worth it? Feel free to PM me, I'm about to pull the trigger myself.

Quick Reply: Welp, pulled the trigger