The beginning...LSx project - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

The beginning...LSx project

Old 04-16-2018, 10:35 AM
JakeOelSnakeO

Subbed! I've currently got my LT1 and 4L60E out of my car. I'm building up a LY6/T56 swap for my '94. The only thing I havent quite decided on yet is what to do with the front accessory drive- what donor parts to use or if I will keep AC or not.

Good luck with build!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:31 PM
Krusty84
CF Member

Stock LS3 heads, long tubes and a decent cam is the only way to go with a cheap 6.0 swap. Spending serious cash on some Cathedral Ports to retain the "low to mid-range" torque everyone always talks about isn't worth the money. Run a manual trans or a 3k+ stall with the LS3 heads and have some real fun.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Mike Holmen
CF Senior Member

The trade off is the LS3 heads don't make as much torque and power below 4000 rpm like cathedral head. Don't forget you need a different exhaust rocker arm and a rocker arm trunnion kit if you going to have a cam with lifts over 0.550 lift.

For $500 Katech will cnc port/adjust combustion chamber size.
http://store.katechengines.com/cnc-p...eads-p589.aspx

Its a cheap way to get near stock LS3 flow numbers and the ability to adjust combustion chamber size.

I have a set of cnc 0821 GM LS3 heads, I'm on the edge on whether to sell them and going send in my LQ9 0317 to Kaltech. The LS3 is really too much head without the variable cam timing for us high geared C4 corvette.

My car is driver and I worry more about fuel mileage/drivablity than maximum power. Worst case is you could throw on a boost adder device if you need more power.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:04 AM
Krusty84
CF Member

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen View Post
The trade off is the LS3 heads don't make as much torque and power below 4000 rpm like cathedral head. Don't forget you need a different exhaust rocker arm and a rocker arm trunnion kit if you going to have a cam with lifts over 0.550 lift.

For $500 Katech will cnc port/adjust combustion chamber size.
http://store.katechengines.com/cnc-p...eads-p589.aspx

Its a cheap way to get near stock LS3 flow numbers and the ability to adjust combustion chamber size.

I have a set of cnc 0821 GM LS3 heads, I'm on the edge on whether to sell them and going send in my LQ9 0317 to Kaltech. The LS3 is really too much head without the variable cam timing for us high geared C4 corvette.

My car is driver and I worry more about fuel mileage/drivablity than maximum power. Worst case is you could throw on a boost adder device if you need more power.
Blah blah blah.... I don't like making a lot of horsepower and torque above 4k, I drive my 'driver' like a baby and want the extra 18 ftlbs below 4k.

Last edited by Krusty84; 04-20-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The beginning...LSx project

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: