Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first middle finger

 
Old 05-18-2017, 06:34 PM
  #81  
redzg
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 1,009
Liked 120 Times in 116 Posts
Default

I hate Harleys with straight or even just obnoxious pipes. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just **** non-fans off.
redzg is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by redzg:
ArmchairArchitect (05-20-2017), phoneman91 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 06:46 PM
  #82  
449er
CF Senior Member
 
449er's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2016
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,304
Liked 294 Times in 250 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave concrete View Post
screw them. I run AR headers to Borla straights if they don't like it, they should move.
Don't mind some noise but I am glad that I don't live near you with your attitude
449er is online now  
The following users liked this post: 449er
phoneman91 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 PM
  #83  
acuevo
CF Senior Member
 
acuevo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 468
Liked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Forcedvert View Post
loud cars are a conservative thing?
i don't think they're exclusively conservative, but its the liberals that want to enforce nanny laws on everyone. they'd also all be happy if v8 sports cars were a thing of the past. the increasingly strict requirements for fuel economy are also a real threat to cars like the corvette. where do you think those came from?

it'd be one thing if performance cars were exempt from emmisions and fuel economy regulations, but they'd never let you have it that way. so maybe loud and fast cars aren't inherently conservative, but generally speaking they're not something the liberals are too keen on.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-18-2017 at 07:37 PM.
acuevo is online now  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:07 PM
  #84  
Forcedvert
CF Senior Member
 
Forcedvert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,607
Liked 316 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by acuevo View Post
i don't think they're exclusively conservative, but its the liberals that want to enforce nanny laws on everyone. they'd also all be happy if v8 sports cars were a thing of the past. the increasingly strict requirements for fuel economy are also a real threat to cars like the corvette. where do you think those came from?

it'd be one thing if performance cars were exempt from emmisions and fuel economy regulations, but they'd never let you have it that way. so maybe loud and fast cars aren't inherently conservative, but generally speaking they're not something the liberals are too keen on.
I would bet dollars to donuts that most of the old dudes complaining about NOISE of stereos and exhaust pipes are mostly conservatives and that's what we are talking about here. I'm not sure how it became about politics for some, it's not for me. There is another section on this forum for that stuff.
Forcedvert is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Forcedvert:
chasboy (05-19-2017), Smoken1 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:28 PM
  #85  
GTs 58
CF Senior Member
 
GTs 58's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Gilbert Arid zona
Posts: 2,535
Liked 52 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by v8srfun View Post
Make it louder screw all the grumpy people that think everyone should drive a boring slow sedan that makes no noise. If someone whipped me the bird for going 35 mph I would do a burnout in front of his hoist just to prove a point. This is America we live in the greatest country in the world because of our freedom so don't try to stop me from living as a free man.

Yes I know the burnout is not the right thing to do but I love pissing off libtards more than I like to be proper.

OMFG! LMMFAO again!

So the opposite of a libtard is a retard?
GTs 58 is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 PM
  #86  
acuevo
CF Senior Member
 
acuevo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 468
Liked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Forcedvert View Post
I would bet dollars to donuts that most of the old dudes complaining about NOISE of stereos and exhaust pipes are mostly conservatives and that's what we are talking about here. I'm not sure how it became about politics for some, it's not for me. There is another section on this forum for that stuff.
oh i definitely agree with you there! i don't have a side personally because both suck, but did want to point out the "general" liberal feelings towards cars.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-18-2017 at 08:56 PM.
acuevo is online now  
Old 05-18-2017, 09:52 PM
  #87  
Aerovette
CF Senior Member
 
Aerovette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2001
Location: MAGA !!!
Posts: 29,030
Liked 196 Times in 123 Posts

Default

Originally Posted by v8srfun View Post
Make it louder screw all the grumpy people that think everyone should drive a boring slow sedan that makes no noise. If someone whipped me the bird for going 35 mph I would do a burnout in front of his hoist just to prove a point. This is America we live in the greatest country in the world because of our freedom so don't try to stop me from living as a free man.

Yes I know the burnout is not the right thing to do but I love pissing off libtards more than I like to be proper.
Yep, cool thing about freedom, you can be a total douche with dick topping and a cherry, repeatedly, with zero accountability.

Be proud in your douchery! Wave that dick flag ! *** the world. It's all about you in "Youtown". Idiot.
Aerovette is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 PM
  #88  
MikeyMcFly
CF Senior Member
 
MikeyMcFly's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2016
Posts: 337
Liked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by redzg View Post
I hate Harleys with straight or even just obnoxious pipes. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just **** non-fans off.
This. I used to not like loud bikes, but now living on a corner, I'm starting to dislike all bikes. Is it that hard to sit at a stop sign and not rev the bike over and over?

If I'm mowing my lawn and I can't hear the lawnmower anymore over your exhaust...I have no problem with a little rumble, but the on/off, WOT or nothing and rev rev rev rev rev rev. Ugh. /rant.

That being said, when I had my STi, I got yelled at to slow down when I was doing 6 MPH. Literally 6 MPH, barely off idle, blipping the gas. I almost stopped and asked how fast they thought I was going.
MikeyMcFly is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 02:44 AM
  #89  
laurent_zo6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
laurent_zo6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,948
Liked 160 Times in 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19
Default

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect View Post
You should always be considerate of others.

Luckily Marianist Catholic priests live across the street from me, so I won't be getting a middle finger from them anytime soon.
You won't be getting a middle finger from them but you might be going straight to hell.
laurent_zo6 is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:14 AM
  #90  
chasboy
CF Senior Member
 
chasboy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Location: Morristown New Jersey
Posts: 5,992
Liked 408 Times in 360 Posts
Oldtimer
Default

Originally Posted by acuevo View Post
oh i definitely agree with you there! i don't have a side personally because both suck, but did want to point out the "general" liberal feelings towards cars.
REALLY. and where do you get your facts to back that up?
chasboy is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 07:04 AM
  #91  
digi2t
CF Senior Member
 
digi2t's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 181
Liked 84 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by v8srfun View Post
Make it louder screw all the grumpy people that think everyone should drive a boring slow sedan that makes no noise. If someone whipped me the bird for going 35 mph I would do a burnout in front of his hoist just to prove a point. This is America we live in the greatest country in the world because of our freedom so don't try to stop me from living as a free man.

Yes I know the burnout is not the right thing to do but I love pissing off libtards more than I like to be proper.
I apologize for the possible thread hijack, but if I may, I would just like to make a slight correction to this statement. Canada, in fact, is the world's greatest country, seconded only by Australia. Actually, not to miff our Aussie cousins, I say we're tied for first, with several other countries (too numerous to list) between us and the United States. Not only in the sense of moral, ethical, or political freedoms, but in physical freedom as well. After all, we do have much more area per capita available to us. As such, the possibility of living further away from people, hence annoying them less with loud exhaust systems, is a physically (and morally) reasonable option here.

Also, on a slightly more ethereal note, please remember this; Karma, is a bitch. Every person you **** off, is a potential person that will not come to your aide in a time of need. I'm fairly sure that when you're drowning, that last thing your brain is mulling over is, "I wonder if that lifeguard is liberal or conservative?". When you opt to throw that boomerang, expect it to come back, and hit you right in the Chicklets.

Once again, sorry for the side track. Please carry on.
digi2t is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 AM
  #92  
Riteaidkid84
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Woodstock Ga
Posts: 273
Liked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default

The last few cars I got my neighbors say, oh.. cool new car, and I do the same. It's a starter neighborhood most the people do not struggle but they don't have play money yet.

​​​​​​I got my vette and have stood in my yard talking to several people and they look at it, but never say a word lol... it's funny really.

​​​​​​one of my nighbors does like it, so we went for a long drive. Whatever, if someone got a mclaren or another Vette I would always be complimenting it not being jealous.

Last edited by Riteaidkid84; 05-19-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Riteaidkid84 is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM
  #93  
Hydroracer
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Posts: 47
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by digi2t View Post
I apologize for the possible thread hijack, but if I may, I would just like to make a slight correction to this statement. Canada, in fact, is the world's greatest country, seconded only by Australia. Actually, not to miff our Aussie cousins, I say we're tied for first, with several other countries (too numerous to list) between us and the United States. Not only in the sense of moral, ethical, or political freedoms, but in physical freedom as well. After all, we do have much more area per capita available to us. As such, the possibility of living further away from people, hence annoying them less with loud exhaust systems, is a physically (and morally) reasonable option here.

Also, on a slightly more ethereal note, please remember this; Karma, is a bitch. Every person you **** off, is a potential person that will not come to your aide in a time of need. I'm fairly sure that when you're drowning, that last thing your brain is mulling over is, "I wonder if that lifeguard is liberal or conservative?". When you opt to throw that boomerang, expect it to come back, and hit you right in the Chicklets.

Once again, sorry for the side track. Please carry on.
Is this Wayne from Letterkenny ? I have to agree with you as to the amount of area available but its because nobody but refugees want to live there .
Hydroracer is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 AM
  #94  
acuevo
CF Senior Member
 
acuevo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 468
Liked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chasboy View Post
REALLY. and where do you get your facts to back that up?
Every prius with an Obama, Hillary or Sanders sticker on the back.

Seriously I'm not even going to entertain your question...
acuevo is online now  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM
  #95  
SAYUNCL
CF Senior Member
 
SAYUNCL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: Manassas Park, VA
Posts: 239
Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

my dog was just barking at an ambo so I shot her a bird cuz I'm trying to chill and watch velocity in peace and quiet
SAYUNCL is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:18 AM
  #96  
digi2t
CF Senior Member
 
digi2t's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 181
Liked 84 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hydroracer View Post
Is this Wayne from Letterkenny ? I have to agree with you as to the amount of area available but its because nobody but refugees want to live there .

Well, unless your name is Billy Two Feathers, or Betty Howling Wolf, we are all refugees here. On both sides of the 49th parallel.
digi2t is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM
  #97  
fredl11
CF Senior Member
 
fredl11's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Davie Florida
Posts: 3,473
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

come on by I'll give you a salute and a WAVE!
fredl11 is offline  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:41 AM
  #98  
PDCjonny
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2004
Posts: 752
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Amazing how simple basic consideration for others is a concept some cannot or are unwilling to grasp.
PDCjonny is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by PDCjonny:
Aerovette (05-19-2017), ArmchairArchitect (05-20-2017), chasboy (05-19-2017), friou (05-19-2017), phoneman91 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 08:43 AM
  #99  
Mike98SilVert
CF Senior Member
 
Mike98SilVert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2002
Location: Bonita Springs, FL
Posts: 18,053
Liked 850 Times in 654 Posts

Default

Originally Posted by digi2t View Post
I apologize for the possible thread hijack, but if I may, I would just like to make a slight correction to this statement. Canada, in fact, is the world's greatest country, seconded only by Australia. Actually, not to miff our Aussie cousins, I say we're tied for first, with several other countries (too numerous to list) between us and the United States. Not only in the sense of moral, ethical, or political freedoms, but in physical freedom as well. After all, we do have much more area per capita available to us. As such, the possibility of living further away from people, hence annoying them less with loud exhaust systems, is a physically (and morally) reasonable option here.

Also, on a slightly more ethereal note, please remember this; Karma, is a bitch. Every person you **** off, is a potential person that will not come to your aide in a time of need. I'm fairly sure that when you're drowning, that last thing your brain is mulling over is, "I wonder if that lifeguard is liberal or conservative?". When you opt to throw that boomerang, expect it to come back, and hit you right in the Chicklets.

Once again, sorry for the side track. Please carry on.
So what you're saying is that Americans are immoral, unethical and and with little political freedoms. And that our Country is smail, crowded and offers little pyhsical freedom and that Canada is a far superior country to the USA and that there are many, many other countries that are superior to the USA, ("too many to list"). : rofl:
Well, do remember what you said about Karma? I think you just pissed off most of the members of this site and will have quite a few people disagreeing with you on here. So what makes you so much more moral and ethical than me? What gives you the right to judge me or my fellow Americans?
Mike98SilVert is online now  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:55 AM
  #100  
Elba Mike
CF Senior Member
 
Elba Mike's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: Marietta, GA & Elba, AL
Posts: 3,937
Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default

Originally Posted by friou View Post
Nobody loves performance cars and bikes more than I. And I like performance machines to sound like performance machines. Having said that, I realized a very long time ago that there is a time and place for everything. I have a fairly loud Harley Road King with Vance and Hines Longshots exhaust and it can be loud when its under load. My C5 has BB Bullets, same deal as the Harley. But when I'm in my neighborhood, or anyone elses for that matter, I basically idle in and through. I don't want to offend neighbors. Some of these folks have babies at home, some folks work at night and sleep during the day, there are many reasons to be thoughtful, courteous and empathetic. I applaud the OP's decision to reach out and apologize to his neighbor. Purposely offending folks by being insensitive to others does nothing to promote the performance car and motorcycle hobby. Actually quite the contrary. Everyone please be well and take care.

Last edited by Elba Mike; 05-19-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Elba Mike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got my first middle finger


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: