C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harlan sharp 1.7rr failure

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 427CPE
I'll let you guys know how I like the Yella Terras. Also have a backup Harlan Sharp coming in thanks to the warranty offered by HS.
The YT instructions aren't very good, set the wipe first then measure for pushrod length. The instructions cover several of their rockers and give the false indication that pushrod length determines the wipe pattern, which it doesn't for these rockers.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:13 AM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenuts
The YT instructions aren't very good, set the wipe first then measure for pushrod length. The instructions cover several of their rockers and give the false indication that pushrod length determines the wipe pattern, which it doesn't for these rockers.
Does this kit come with shims?

I plan to:
-Mark the tip of the valve tip w/marker.
-Set the valve to zero lash and tighten, making sure I get the preload I want using adj pushrod.
-If preload is good, roll the engine over. RR should start on the top side of the valve tip and by mid lift be centered.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:07 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

It comes with one set of shims.

Quick Reply: Harlan sharp 1.7rr failure