1982 MY(Model Year) problems & possible solutions. - Page 15 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C3 Tech/Performance
V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

1982 MY(Model Year) problems & possible solutions.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #281
ESU
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsC3 View Post
My 82 idle about 1500 rom until temp gauge reads about 100degrees. Then it drops to about 900-1000 until completely warmed up then its right at 600 rpm. The only time mine has ever seen 1800 rpm cold is right after I replaced the IAC motors in the throttle bodies. I would start with them. I would replace and clean the seats in the TB. Rock auto has delco IAC cheapest I could find in a pair. Mine was slow coming to Idle at a stop. Its drops right down now. I would also check your Throttle position sensor voltage. Should be 5.25 volts. If I remember correctly. (its in the thread
here somewhere) At the very least pull the IAC on both TB's and clean them to see what happens. After you clean or replace you will need to let the ecm relearn. Drive over 40 mph for a min. of 10 minutes. Best of luck.
When I had the TBs re bushed I replaced the IACs, maybe 2 to 3 years old but very little mileage on them. I will pull and clean for sure. I had done the tps last summer but can certainly check that, I even have Buccaneers adapter gadget for that. Thanks, this is a start at least. Also glad to hear from someone else about long warm up times.
ESU is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 1982 MY(Model Year) problems & possible solutions.
  •